The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Bedrock Dedicated Server
|This feature is exclusive to Bedrock Edition.|
|This is in its early development stages, so as with any early release software, it may have severe issues. Due to this support may be stopped at any time.|
Bedrock Dedicated Servers allow Minecraft players on Windows and Linux computers to set up their own server at home, or host their server using a cloud-based service.
BDS is a server hosting tool similar to the Java Edition server. Like Java Edition, there is a server.properties and whitelist.json file. Instead of ops.json, permissions are stored in the permissions.json file. Resource and behavior packs are in the resource_packs and behavior_packs directories. JSON files in the world directory set packs to be used, Minecraft clients generate them and can be uploaded to the server. Worlds are in a new worlds directory.
BDS allows users to connect except from the Nintendo Switch. Xbox One users can only connect through a LAN connection. BDS uses UDP unlike Java Edition which uses TCP. The default port for IPv4 is 19132, the default port for IPv6 is 19133; These can be changed in server.properties.
To use the whitelist, it needs to be enabled in server.properties. When enabled, the server will only allow selected users to connect, and you will need to know the Xbox Live gamertag of all players who want to join the server; players without an Xbox Live gamertag will not be able to connect. If your server is public and you do not enable the whitelist, you will not be able to ban players from the server.
To learn more about whitelisting, check out the guide that comes with the download. If you are having trouble with player behavior on a server that you own, whitelisting may be a good way to solve the issue.
Startup and maintenance scripts
|The contents of this section are not supported by Mojang Studios or the Minecraft Wiki.|
- BDSAddonInstaller A node.js tool used for automatically installing, updating, and uninstalling addons/packs.
- MCscripts systemd units, bash scripts, and IRC bot for backups, automatic updates, installation, and shutdown warnings
- MinecraftBedrockServer Sets up a Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server on Ubuntu / Debian / Raspbian / Armbian with options for automatic updates, backups and running automatically at startup
- MCBEPlay MCBEPlay is primarly a Windows 10 GUI for the official BDS System, that enables you to control and manage your Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server with little to no knowledge of server systems. It also has automatic backups, can save automatically, and has auto restarts.
Since this server software is still in Alpha phase, it still lacks many things from Java Edition.
- Server ignores default player permission level in server.properties
- /reload for reloading to prevent crashes, similar to the one in Java Edition
- A command to transfer between different worlds, similar to Lifeboat's world transfer system
- A server invite system that allows Xbox One and Nintendo Switch users to connect, similar to Realms
- Running the server on other platforms, similar to Lifeboat's Steadfast 2 server software on MacOS
- Support for websocket server, similar to /wsserver
- Experimental gameplay is not supported directly, need to use third-party applications to modify world
The server follows the client's release cycle.
|188.8.131.52||First public Bedrock Dedicated Server (BDS) release.|
|Includes a |
|Bug tracker for BDS was launched.|
|184.108.40.206||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.7.0|
|220.127.116.11||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.8.0|
|18.104.22.168||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.8.1|
|22.214.171.124||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.9.0|
|126.96.36.199||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.10.0|
|188.8.131.52||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.11.0|
|184.108.40.206||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.11.1|
|220.127.116.11||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.11.2|
|18.104.22.168||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.11.4|
|22.214.171.124||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.12.0|
|126.96.36.199||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.12.1|
|188.8.131.52||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.13.0|
|184.108.40.206||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.13.1|
|220.127.116.11||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.13.2|
|18.104.22.168||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.13.3|
|22.214.171.124||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.14.0|
|126.96.36.199||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.14.1|
|188.8.131.52||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.14.20|
|184.108.40.206||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.14.30|
|220.127.116.11||Fixed a bug.|
|18.104.22.168||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.14.60|
|22.214.171.124||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.16.0|
|1.16.1.02||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.16.1|
|1.16.10.02||Server software updated for Bedrock Edition 1.16.10|
- "Dedicated Servers for Minecraft on Bedrock" . Minecraft Help Center. Retrieved 2020-05-30.