Partial (lets light pass through)
dec: 166 hex: A6 bin: 10100110
|“||The best blocks are the ones that do not need art! :D||„|
|— Grum announcing the barrier block |
A barrier is an invisible block that appears transparent, but has mixed properties.
Barriers cannot be broken in vanilla survival mode.
The block in the player's inventory displays as a red box with a slash through it, but when placed is completely invisible.
Barriers are transparent to light and do not block a beacon. Fences, iron bars, glass panes and similar blocks will not visually connect with barriers. Barriers interact with blocks and mobs as a solid block. All dependent blocks can be placed on a barrier, such as torches or redstone, and it will suffocate mobs. Mobs cannot spawn on barriers.
In creative mode, if a player is holding a barrier block in their hand, all placed barrier blocks display the barrier icon as a particle. This effect is client-side, and if a player holds a barrier block in survival, the particle won't display. Barrier blocks will not be shown if the particle setting is set to "minimal". Barriers cannot be pushed by pistons.
|1.8||January 30 2014||Grum posted about an invisible block.|
|14w05a||Barrier block added.|
|14w06a||Now uses block of redstone breaking particles instead of lava.|
|Added barrier particle effect for the particle command. With this you can now see where there are barriers.|
|14w06b||Now visible when holding the item in creative mode.|
|14w20a||Withers and ender dragons can no longer break barriers.|
|14w25a||Errors made the Barriers use missing textured breaking particles.|
|14w26a||Barriers now use the barrier item for particles.|
|Barriers can be broken by withers again.|
|1.8.1||?||Withers no longer break barriers again.|
|1.13||17w47a||Changed blast resistance from 18,000,003 to 18,000,004.|
|Upcoming Bedrock Edition|
|1.6||beta 126.96.36.199||Barrier block added.|
- The symbol used is not compliant with ISO 3864-1.
- Invisible bedrock, a technical block in Bedrock Edition and New Nintendo 3DS Edition, shares many features with the barrier block.
- The barrier block is in the Xbox 360 Edition of the game, but requires an inventory editor/external tool.
- The barrier block texture also appears on all Legacy Console Edition versions game files, but it is unknown whether it is obtainable with inventory editing.
- This block has a higher blast resistance than any other unbreakable block in the game.
- In Minecraft 4k, there is barrier on the bottom of the map, which is unbreakable by any means.
Barrier in debug mode.
- "The bottom of the world in Minecraft 4k" – BSPMinecraft, December 2, 2013 – via YouTube