Java Edition Alpha v1.2.0
October 30, 2010
Client (.json) |
|Other editions with a version named 1.2|
Alpha v1.2.0, the first release of the Halloween Update, was released with server 0.2.2 on October 30, 2010, adding the Nether along with new Nether-exclusive mobs and blocks. It also added fishing, a new terrain generator, and other changes and fixes. This version is listed in the launcher, but attempting to play it downloads Alpha v1.2.0_02 instead.
- New terrain generator, featuring biomes
- Changed the "depth noise scale" from 100 to 200.
- Craftable item that tells the time
- Large white mobs that float around the Nether.
- Shoot fireballs at the player
- When one pigman is attacked all nearby pigmen will retaliate and attack the player.
- Hold gold swords.
- A hell-like dimension that can be used for quick travel.
- Added new music tracks and sound effects.
- Added "Slow acting portals!".
- Added "Try the Nether!".
- Added "Don't look directly at the bugs!".
- Added "Oh, ok, Pigmen!".
- Added "Finally with ladders!".
- Added "Scary!".
- Now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Are now darker in shade, and their color is now dependent on temperature/precipitation values.
- Higher lighting values are required the deeper they are to keep mobs from spawning.
- Now have new sounds.
- Now hold bows.
- Completely removed from mob spawning code.
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon.
- Pressing F1 hides the HUD and the view-model from the person's view. In third person mode, pressing F1 will create a view looking back at the player's own face.