November 9, 2010
Two versions are available in the launcher, Alpha v1.2.2a (a debug version) and Alpha v1.2.2b (which added support for more animations as well as minor changes and fixes).
- New server-configuration setting:
- Support for more animation settings added
- Lava flows further in the Nether.
- Main menu now contains the texture pack selection menu for easy texture pack switching, replacing the "play tutorial level" button.
- It now takes longer for the "took too long to log in" screen to appear when connecting to a server.
- 15 bugs fixed
- Players and mobs on fire, in lava, or next to cacti no longer spam sound effects
- Getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one works as intended
- Duplicating buttons when resizing screens fixed
- Zombie Pigmen and Ghasts no longer get hurt by fire and lava
- Fixed volume sliders not saving properly
- Multiplayer Fixes:
hellworld=trueno longer overwrite old save chunks
- Boats are visible to other players
- Players can ride minecarts and boats
- Minecarts move smoother
- Fishing works
- Buckets can now pick up fluid
- Sheep and Cows look like Sheep and Cows
- Now able to steer server-side boats
- Stairs being difficult to destroy fixed
- Increased the timeout before "took too long to log in" appears
Alpha v1.2.2a allows you to generate a nether portal using F4.
- From this version's