October 30, 2010
Alpha v1.2.0, the first release of the Halloween Update, is the first version of Alpha v1.2. It was released on October 30, 2010, adding the Nether along with new Nether-exclusive mobs and blocks. It also added fishing, a new terrain generator, and other changes and fixes. This version is not available in the launcher; attempting to play it downloads Alpha v1.2.0_02 instead.
- The Nether
- A "Hell" world that can be used for quick travel.
- Spawn in the nether.
- New items:
- New music tracks
- Higher lighting values are required the deeper they are to keep mobs from spawning.
- Stairs, crafting tables, chests, and furnaces now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Creepers have new sounds.
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon.
- Pressing F1 hides the HUD and the viewmodel from the person's view. In third person mode, pressing F1 will create a view looking back at the player's own face.
- Removed Winter Mode.
- 4 bugs fixed
- Fixed bugs in multiplayer:
- Redstone performance updated
- Door animation fixes
- Several performance bugs fixed
- Rails no longer cause a crash