Join us on Discord!
October 30, 2010
|Protocol version number||
Alpha v1.2.0, the first release of the Halloween Update, was released on October 30, 2010, adding the Nether along with new Nether-exclusive mobs and blocks. It also added fishing, a new terrain generator, and other changes and fixes. This version is not available in the launcher; attempting to play it downloads Alpha v1.2.0_02 instead.
- The Nether
- A "Hell" world that can be used for quick travel
- New blocks:
- New mobs:
- New items:
- New terrain generator, featuring biomes
- New music tracks
- Higher lighting values are required the deeper they are to keep mobs from spawning.
- Stairs, crafting tables, chests, and furnaces now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Creepers have new sounds.
- Grass and leaves are now darker in shade.
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon.
- Pressing F1 hides the HUD and the viewmodel from the person's view. In third person mode, pressing F1 will create a view looking back at the player's own face.
- Removed Winter Mode
- 4 bugs fixed
- Fixed bugs in multiplayer:
- Redstone performance updated
- Door animation fixes
- Several performance bugs fixed
- Rails no longer cause a crash