The agent is a mob that helps players learn coding, by getting players to code the actions on it. The agent can be programmed to execute a lot of tasks, like planting and harvesting, mining, chopping trees, and building.
The visual interface allows the player to drag and drop commands, structural constructs and other components into a sequence, and associate the sequence with a custom-named slash command, which can be executed in the traditional way, from the console.
The agent can push pressure plates, but cannot interact with buttons, levers or other right-click mechanisms like doors and gates.
drop <int:slotNum> <int:quantity> <direction>
drop all <direction>
inspect data <direction>
transfer <int:srcSlotNum> <int:quantity> <int:dstSlotNum>
teleport to player
teleport to location facing direction
place <int:slotNum> <direction>
place on move<int:slotNum> <true/false>
get item count <int:slotNum>
get item space <int:slotNum>
get item detail <int:slotNum>
<direction> refers to
<turnDirection> refers to
|Name||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID||Translation key|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added agent.|
|build 2||Agent has been removed.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||The agent has been re-added, hidden in a(n) |
|1.8.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added agent spawn egg texture file.|
|1.0.1||Added the "learn to code mascot".|
|1.0.2||The entity ID changed has been changed from "learn_to_code_mascot" to "agent".|
|1.4.0||Agent's default name tag color has been changed to blue.|
|1.7||Agent can now be removed through |
|Players now can show the agent coordinates on the HUD.|
|Added spawn eggs for agents.|
- The agent is seen in the official image of Education Edition.
- The agent is the only mob exclusive to Education Edition. Bedrock Edition also contains resources for the mob, however, the mob is unobtainable in game. By installing Code Connection, it is possible to use in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
- On the free 10th-anniversary map that @BlockworksYT released, there is a puzzle in the "Library" area that involves controlling the Agent with glazed terracotta. On the Bedrock version of the map, the agent is added in as a new mob, while on Java, it is an armor stand with remodeled infested chiseled stone bricks on its head.
- The agent spawn egg can be obtained with an NBT editor in Bedrock Edition. However, nothing spawns when using it.
- Clicking on a spawner with an Agent Spawn egg does not create an Agent spawner, but summons your Agent next to it, making it the only spawn egg to do so.