Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This feature is exclusive to Education Edition and Bedrock Edition.|
|This article is a stub, meaning that it lacks some important content.|
You can help by expanding it with further information relating to the topic.
The agent is a mob that helps players learn coding, by getting players to code the actions on the agent. The agent can be programmed to execute a lot of tasks, like planting and harvesting, mining, chopping trees, and building.
The visual interface allows the player to drag and drop commands, structural constructs and other components into a sequence, and associate the sequence with a custom-named slash command, which can be executed in the traditional way, from the console.
The agent can push pressure plates, but cannot interact with buttons, levers or other right-click mechanisms like doors and gates.
drop <int:slotNum> <int:quantity> <direction>
drop all <direction>
inspect data <direction>
transfer <int:srcSlotNum> <int:quantity> <int:dstSlotNum>
teleport to player
teleport to location facing direction
place <int:slotNum> <direction>
place on move<int:slotNum> <true/false>
get item count <int:slotNum>
get item space <int:slotNum>
get item detail <int:slotNum>
<direction> refers to
<turnDirection> refers to
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added agent.|
|build 2||Removed agent.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||The agent has now been re-added, hidden in a(n) |
|1.8.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Added Agent Spawn Egg texture file.|
|1.0.1||The agent was added as "learn to code mascot".|
|1.0.2||Entity ID changed from "learn_to_code_mascot" to "agent".|
|1.4.0||Agent's default name tag color changed to blue.|
|1.7||Agent can now be removed through |
|Players will be able to show the agent coordinates on the HUD|
|Added spawn eggs for agents.|
- The model of the agent is similar to that of iron golems, but is smaller, has a bigger head, and has a different texture.
- The agent is seen in the official image of Minecraft: Education Edition.
- The agent, along with the NPC, are the only mobs exclusive to the Education Edition.
- Bedrock Edition also contains resources for the mob, however the mob is unobtainable in game. By installing Code Connection, it is possible to use in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
- On the free 10th anniversary map that Mojang released, there is a puzzle in the "Library" area that involves controlling the Agent with Glazed Terracotta. On the Bedrock version of the map, the Agent is added in as a new mob, while on Java, it is an Armor Stand with remodeled Infested Chiseled Stone Bricks on its head.