Java Edition 19w42a
October 16, 2019
19w42a is the tenth snapshot for Java Edition 1.15, released on October 16, 2019, which makes slime blocks and honey blocks no longer stick together and fixes many rendering bugs, as well as several other bugs.
- Now eject empty glass bottles properly when not facing water.
- Fire charges lauched from a dispenser now light campfires.
- Can now place armor stands.
- No longer stick to each other.
- Elytra can now to start glide even rise in immediately after the jump up, not only during the descent after the jump.
- Removed wax block and crystallized honey textures.
- 79 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.15
- MC-82943 – Witch held item uses player held item position.
- MC-83998 – Unable to place blocks on fences from off-hand.
- MC-84611 – Right clicking water while duel wielding spawn eggs creates two of the mobs.
- MC-102130 – Glowing slimes/drowned outline becomes black when taking damage.
- MC-106826 – Can interact with (eat) cake in creative mode/hunger bar is full.
- MC-111444 – Elytras can't open if the server is lagging or when moving upwards.
- MC-114106 – Dispenser plays failed sound when equipping a single pumpkin or skull.
- MC-119621 – Left arm swings in third person while interacting with fence with item in main hand.
- MC-125204 – Trident appears floating when charging it while sneaking.
- MC-127573 – Hover text is displayed for multiplayer chat while in bed even if chat is hidden.
- MC-131061 – Armor stands cannot be placed by dispensers.
- MC-132445 – Spawn eggs used on water do not display a hand animation.
- MC-132787 – Lily pads generate much less frequently / do not generate in certain areas.
- MC-134495 – Click and hover events still work when F1 is toggled.
- MC-147549 – Clicking on the bell from unringable angles/clicking non-bell parts of the bell plays the hand animation.
- MC-156078 – Name tags not working on endermites.
- MC-158585 – Villagers spawned from dispensers have default textures no matter what biome they are in.
- MC-159947 – Fire charge from dispenser does not light campfire.
- MC-160895 – Breeding animals does not display a hand animation.
- MC-160896 – Shearing sheep and mooshrooms does not display a hand animation.
- MC-160992 – Certain blocks cause bare hand to animate when clicked on, despite no action taking place, but do not cause held items to animate.
- MC-160993 – Empty flower pots cause arm animation to play even when holding incompatible items.
- MC-161151 – Right clicking on redstone ore, which causes it to light up, plays no hand animation.
- MC-161220 – Right-clicking on a button while it's pressed inwards still plays a hand animation.
- MC-161261 – Treating zombie villagers does not display a hand animation.
- MC-161262 – Feeding pandas does not play hand animation.
- MC-161886 – Dropped trident items rotate around an external axis / Bed items rotate around a non-centered axis.
- MC-162261 – Placed rails are not immediately updated when connecting to other rails.
- From the 1.15 development versions
- MC-159347 – "Bee nest" is not capitalized correctly.
- MC-160477 – Dispenser with empty bottles plays successful sound when attempting to remove honey from non-full bee house/empty space.
- MC-160524 – Wet sponges placed in the nether make no sound.
- MC-160894 – Shovel swings when right-clicking on any block.
- MC-160901 – Using an item while looking at an entity is no longer possible.
- MC-161424 – Chest hatch floats when the chest is open; affects all types of chests.
- MC-161487 – Entity lighting.
- MC-161832 – Transparent and translucent blocks in the inventory render their bottom face.
- MC-161854 – Animation of teleporting through a nether portal and nausea effect are broken.
- MC-161872 – Trident item is very small and renders as a 3D model when dropped or in an item frame.
- MC-161876 – Armor models aren't enchanted inside.
- MC-161920 – Incorrect crossbow animation for invisible players.
- MC-161924 – Default texture
minecraft:entity/conduit/open_eyecausing mipmap to drop from 4 to 3.
- MC-161939 – Leads are always rendered bright.
- MC-161982 – Glowing effect outline no longer applies to banners carried by entities with the glowing effect.
- MC-162024 – Item frame hitbox is rendered offset.
- MC-162184 – Shadow under the player disappears when sneaking.
- MC-162214 – Player hitbox sinks into the ground when sneaking.
- MC-162226 – Large chests are z-fighting with themselves when the two chest blocks have different light levels.
- MC-162245 – Item frames aren't lit properly (too bright).
- MC-162374 – Trident position is not adjusted properly if the player is sneaking.
- MC-162391 – Armor stand arm rotation is neglected when affected by invisibility.
- MC-162402 – Some items are not adjusted properly in third-person mode if the player holding them is sneaking.
- MC-162529 – Water doesn't have any mipmaps.
- MC-162532 – When invisible, players wearing heads will bug out.
- MC-162534 – When crouching, player, skeleton, zombie and other heads will clip through player.
- MC-162540 – When a witch drinks a potion, it's far from her body.
- MC-162611 – Breaking animation is rendered upside down.
- MC-162729 – Held map doesn't respect light level.
- MC-162783 – Banner block outline is white.
- From the previous development version
- MC-163001 – Certain items have a black background.
- MC-163008 – Zombies, husks and giants have black heads.
- MC-163009 – Zombie and player head blocks are completely black.
- MC-163019 – Honey blocks don't prevent slimes and magma cubes from jumping.
- MC-163022 – Mobs do not avoid walking over honey blocks.
- MC-163030 – Advancements menu isn't clipped by bounds properly.
- MC-163045 – Breaking animation is not always displayed correctly, depending on the angle it's viewed from.
- MC-163085 – Textures on some horses and donkeys/mules appear black/white on their hair and tails.
- MC-163089 – Saddle texture on horses/donkeys appear black or completely broken.
- MC-163095 – Crossbow is darker than it should be.
- MC-163102 – Some blocks and items are discolored when viewing from certain angles.
- MC-163105 – Held item lighting is based on the player's point of view in third-person mode.
- MC-163110 – Some blocks are lit inconsistently in the inventory.
- MC-163146 – Entities and items without transparency by default ignore transparency in resource packs.
- MC-163159 – Honey block recipe is unlocked when honey block is obtained.
- MC-163227 – Persian cats have a black nose.
- MC-163255 – Some mobs can still jump when on a honey block.
- MC-163314 – Minecarts cause constant noises when in a honey block.
- MC-163371 – Paintings drop after world reload.
- MC-163734 – Skeleton and wither skeleton skull textures underneath are completely black.
- MC-163811 – Summoned item frames are invisible/distant.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w42a" – Minecraft.net, October 16, 2019