Java Edition 19w13a
March 27, 2019
19w13a is the twenty-ninth snapshot for Java Edition 1.14, released on March 27, 2019, which adds the Hero of the Village status effect, changes transparent block mechanics, and modifies some splashes.
- Hero of the Village
- Added "Accessibility Options" button to the title screen.
- Added the following splash text:
- "Rainbow turtle?"
- "Something funny!"
- "I need more context."
- "Don't worry, be happy!"
- "Water bottle!"
- "What's the question?"
- "Plant a tree!"
- "Go to the dentist!"
- "What do you expect?"
- "Look mum, I'm in a splash!"
- Far more blocks can now be placed on the tops and sides of transparent blocks including glass, all forms of ice, glowstone, active redstone lamps, all forms of stained glass, sea lanterns, beacons, jack o'lanterns and leaves on fancy graphics.
- A list of all such changes across 1.14's snapshots can be seen at Java Edition 1.14/Transparent block changes.
- Now spawn in raid waves 5–7 instead of just the final wave.
- Can now open doors.
- Raiders now move door-to-door trying to find villagers.
- Will celebrate if they kill all villagers in a raid.
- Added a celebration sound.
- Can now ring bells.
- Will now run into a nearby home when a bell is rung.
- Can now be traded during raids again.
- Will now sweat during raids.
- Will celebrate when a raid has been cleared, by setting off fireworks and cheering.
- Baby villagers now have biome-specific skins.
- When a raid is defeated, the villagers will gift the player random items according to their profession:
Profession Possible reward items Farmer Cleric Librarian Shepherd Fisherman Butcher Armorer Cartographer Fletcher Weaponsmith Toolsmith Mason Baby
- Added a celebration sound.
- Can now get up to Bad Omen V.
- Occurs when multiple illager captains are killed.
- The player only get 1 Bad Omen at a time from killing a captain.
- Each person that brings Bad Omen into the village will lead to additional waves of raids.
- All waves have now been rebalanced, with certain waves focusing on certain mobs, and early waves becoming less easy.
- Now follow a set pattern of waves based on difficulty (Easy is three waves, Normal is five waves, and Hard is seven waves).
- A bonus wave is added for every additional level of Bad Omen brought into a village, equivalent to the final base wave.
- Higher level of Bad Omen means higher chance that enemies will have enchanted weapons.
- Raids now end with a Victory or Defeat message.
- Removed splashes referencing Notch:
- "Made by Notch!"
- "The Work of Notch!"
- 29 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-110510 – Evokers can see through walls.
- MC-122327 – No longer able to place buttons or levers on pistons.
- MC-129205 – Cannot target blocks underneath of cauldrons through the cauldron.
- MC-132313 – Buttons and levers can be placed on the bottom of hoppers.
- MC-146357 – Vines cannot exist on the sides of glass or stained glass, but can on other transparent blocks.
- From the 1.14 development versions
- MC-137467 – Ender dragon does not spawn if render distance is set to 10 or below.
- MC-138572 – Can't place bells and lanterns on top of some non-solid blocks.
- MC-139376 – Crash when putting spaces and clicking on "Done" in the jigsaw GUI.
- MC-139798 – Bad omen disappears upon entering villages in spectator mode.
- MC-140055 – After leaving the bed, the player can spawn inside of scaffolding.
- MC-141009 – Clicking "done" on a Jigsaw disconnects client on dedicated server.
- MC-141358 – Tridents have the SoundEvent tag, but don't use it.
- MC-145758 – Villagers constantly breeding but don't produce baby villagers.
- MC-146282 – Entering command block UI causes all music to stop.
- MC-146346 – Backup world file saved without .zip.
- MC-146350 – Splash water bottles do not put out fires.
- MC-146454 – Eating food no longer plays the burp sound.
- MC-146594 – Villager babies don't have biome-specific skin.
- From the previous development version
- MC-146353 – Structure integrity does not work, RNG runs for all blocks at once.
- MC-146359 – Crash whilst rendering overlay.
- MC-146360 – Exiting bed always puts the player or villager in blocks.
- MC-146367 – Hostile mobs spawning on glass.
- MC-146377 – Beacon UI is nonresponsive and doesn't allow you to change the beacon effect.
- MC-146380 – After sleeping in a bed, the player always spawns on top of it if there are no blocks next to it.
- MC-146381 – Sleeping in a bed always resets the player's spawn point to the world spawn point.
- MC-146387 – Monsters spawning on leaves during night time.
- MC-146470 – Entities in forceloaded or world spawn chunks cannot be selected.
- MC-146667 – Multiple raids can occur at the same time.
- MC-146707 – Splash text in main menu changes every time player resizes the Minecraft window.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w13a" – Minecraft.net, March 27, 2019