The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 19w12a
March 20, 2019
- Added cut sandstone and cut red sandstone slabs.
- Crafted from cut sandstone and cut red sandstone.
- Can no longer make regular sandstone slabs out of cut sandstone.
- Added "<player name> IS YOU"
- Now acts more like most solid blocks.
- Redstone dust and torches can now be placed on top of glass.
- Mobs now suffocate inside glass.
- Now have random orientations when placed, similar to grass blocks.
- The texture and model of the totem shown when used now has the same
CustomModelDatavalue as the item.
- Resource packs which use this tag thus now have the correct model when activated.
- Tweaked spawning in villages.
- Will also only spawn now if villagers in a village have worked and slept before a meeting.
- Improved AI.
- Baby villagers will now play in villages.
- Nitwit and unemployed variations of villagers for snowy and zombie snowy villages changed.
- Updated hitboxes and eye positions of many entities.
- REDIRECT Template:Explain
- Player height while sneaking is now 1.5 meters.
- Now reduces the player's height to 1.5 blocks, allowing them to walk through 1.5-block-tall gaps.
- General improvements.
- Trades are now locked from 6–8 trades instead of just 4.
- Wall blocks are now found in the "Decoration Blocks" tab.
- Rewrote sound system.
- Reduced stuttering when playing sounds.
- Removed "Hobo humping slobo babe!"
- World creation
- Worlds with names already being used will now prepend a number in parentheses to the folder name instead of adding hyphens.
- For example,
New World (3)instead of
- For example,
- 35 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-41113 –
/clearturns items held by mouse into ghost items
- MC-50367 – Bad hit boxes and eye positions
- MC-113251 – Invalid sound files freeze the game
- MC-122885 – Attempting to backup a world with a path longer than 260 results in a crash
- From the 1.14 development versions
- MC-137725 – Advancements not updated in 1.14 snapshots
- MC-137761 – Loom model and placement is incorrect
- MC-138220 – Random ticks occur while player is in spectator mode
- MC-138491 – Crash when rendering a sign with the vanilla datapack disabled
- MC-138580 – Adventure mode does not prevent dyeing signs
- MC-138659 – Totem of Undying death animation model doesn't match with
- MC-139440 – Illager banners can be copied
- MC-139458 – Horse texture is sometimes translucent
- MC-140354 – Evokers continue attacking nothing after target dies
- MC-140409 – Scaffolding texture is wrong
- MC-141286 – Teleporting big distance freezes the server
- MC-142466 – Book page flipping sound seems to only play on left or right channel depending on player's position
- MC-143390 – Non-existing
CatTypesummons an invisible cat
- MC-143412 – Trader llamas do not join llama caravan unless a trader llama is the leader
- MC-143736 – Trader llama actively attacks the zombie pigmen
- MC-144501 – Horses drops two leather armor when killed
- MC-144612 – Ender dragon fly incorrectly
- MC-145668 – Front facing camera up/down directions are reversed in F5/third person
- MC-145689 – Villagers never stop running after being attacked by a zombie
- MC-145712 – Some villagers do not go to bed at night
- MC-145732 – Villager trade experience changes based on what trade your looking at
- MC-145787 – When entering a bed from the block next to it or while standing on it, the camera moves too far into the player model
- MC-145802 – Enderman never attacking again once you put on creative mode and back to survival
- MC-145817 – Villager lost their levels after becoming a zombie and getting cured
- MC-145857 – Farmer villagers don't farm
- MC-145872 – Villagers walk around their job site blocks and bell
- MC-146005 – Suspicious stews sold by farmers have an extremely short effect
- From the previous development version
- MC-145868 – POI never registered crash not fixed.
- MC-145925 – Realms button crash
- MC-145956 – Breaking doors with villagers crashes the game
- MC-145994 – Watching Server
Video made by slicedlime:
- The splash "<player name> IS YOU" is a possible reference to the indie puzzle game Baba is You, which was released 7 days prior.
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w12a" – Minecraft.net, March 20, 2019