March 13, 2019
- Added new sounds.
- Some sounds, like the cauldron, fletching table, and smithing table, are only played when villagers use the block.
- Added a new "Globe" banner pattern.
- Obtained by trading with a master-level cartographer villager.
- Added many new villager trades, for each villager profession.
- Villager trading prices now also depend on demand and player's popularity in the village.
- Villagers now resupply their trades up to two times a day, if they get to work at a workstation.
- Updated the villager trading UI.
- Villagers now level up from gaining experience by trading with a player.
- Villagers have 5 levels: novice, apprentice, journeyman, expert, and master.
- A little experience bar is shown at the top of the trading UI. Once the bar fills up from trading, exiting the UI and waiting briefly will level up the villager and show pink particles similar to those shown when refreshing trades in previous versions of the game.
- Experience that exceeds the level up amount seems to roll over between level ups.
- The experience bar disappears once the villager becomes master level.
- Every time a new level is reached, 1-2 new trade offers appear.
- The villager's experience gained per trade is based on the trade itself, the level the trade was unlocked at (novice, apprentice, etc), and the current level of the villager.
- Lower level trades will give less experience towards a level up once the villager is a higher level.
- Added a new "Accessibility Menu".
- All accessibility features are now easily toggled in this menu.
- When the narrator is turned on, buttons will be narrated on focus.
- Added a new option that allows turning up transparent backgrounds.
- Menu buttons, edit boxes and other UI elements can now be cycled through by pressing Tab ↹.
- ⇧ Shift+Tab ↹ will go backwards.
- Lists allow ↑/↓ arrow keys to navigate through them.
- Block tags
- Added several new block tags to correspond with villager NBT:
job_site_poi(includes all below)
points_of_interest(includes job_site_poi and meeting_site_poi)
- Now rings when hit by a projectile.
- Now requires four planks to be crafted instead of two.
- Explosions now have a 100% drop rate.
- Villagers now have a daily schedule. They will, for example, go to work and meet up at the village bell.
- Each villager will try to find their own bed and work station.
- Each profession has a specific block that works as a work station for them (e.g. lectern for the librarian and cauldron for the leatherworker).
- A full list of work station blocks and their corresponding villagers below:
- Iron golems will spawn when enough villagers meet.
- All villagers will spawn as Nitwits (green robes) or Unemployed (brown robes) when spawned by spawn egg or commands.
- Unemployed villagers have no profession initially, place a work site block and they choose a profession.
- Villagers will now show players their trades in their hands if the player are holding certain items which they are trading for.
- Mason villagers now have trades.
- Tamed wolf kills now count as if a player kill.
- Explosions now have a 100% drop rate.
- Village detection is now based on beds, job sites and meeting points instead of doors.
- A Balanced Diet
- Who's the Pillager Now?
- Now only triggered by crossbows.
- Will now change the language after clicking on the 'Done' button to avoid having to wait after accidentally clicking an unwanted language option.
- Before, language changed immediately after choosing a different language option.
- Snooper settings menu
- Has been replaced by the accessibility menu.
- 77 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-112 – Blocks/entities above beds push players out of bed.
- MC-749 – Villager can have all trades disabled
- MC-926 – When sleeping on a bed, particle effects are slanted or don't appear at all.
- MC-2376 – Wolves shaking fur dry while dying.
- MC-13497 – Wither skeletons and zombie pigmen won't go through lava to get to enemies, even though they can't burn.
- MC-30845 – Camera is glitching through tall grass, seagrass, and kelp in F5 (third-person) mode.
- MC-44471 – Difficulty lock appears to be unlocked if switching dimensions.
- MC-45489 – Villager Spawn is Unbalanced/Broken
- MC-60772 – Draw order of translucent blocks based on head position (not POV).
- MC-63070 – Chunks do not render behind the player in F5. Perhaps culling should calculate from camera POV instead of presuming head position.
- MC-71256 – Endermen immediately start moving after being looked at instead of freezing and staring back at you.
- MC-76416 – Player can interact with dying mobs.
- MC-80658 – Note blocks: Gray color for certain music notes.
- MC-96932 – Minecart and boat shadows are too small.
- MC-99255 – Mobs killed by dogs give wrong loot tables.
- MC-102514 – Moon has orange light.
- MC-105099 – Slimes & Magma Cubes can still attack players when they are in their death animation.
- MC-109954 – Saddled pigs/horses still move when in their death animation.
- MC-114559 – Lightning converts dying mobs.
- MC-114560 – Dying zombie villager converts to an alive villager.
- MC-118764 – Items inside the villager trading GUI drop when the interface is closed.
- MC-127016 – Waterlogged wooden slabs/stairs/fences/scaffoldings can still catch fire.
- MC-129481 – Water Backface Culling in F5 Mode
- MC-131845 – Scroll bar resets when selecting a language.
- MC-132351 – Plants don't grow when there is block above them.
- MC-132478 – Entering a bed while in 3rd-person view will show the point of view as 1st-person while in the bed
- MC-133188 – Cannot climb waterlogged ladders or scaffolds.
- MC-135157 – Crops cannot be planted by aiming at the side of a block.
- MC-137308 – selectWorld.edit.backupFailed has no translation.
- MC-144928 – Endermen don't try to avoid fireworks.
- From the 1.14 development versions
- MC-137471 – New wall types are in Building Blocks creative tab instead of Decoration Blocks like the cobblestone walls.
- MC-137476 – Acacia Sign and Jungle Sign have inconsistent positioning in Creative tab.
- MC-137672 – Crossbow Item-Lore does not show information about loaded projectile.
- MC-137810 – Armor stands are not affected by the piercing enchantment.
- MC-137874 – Multishot on crossbow: spread of arrows depends on pitch.
- MC-137917 – Eating or blocking with crossbow in offhand shows both items.
- MC-138071 – Main thread uses 100% of one CPU core when no users are logged in, busy-waiting over java.lang.Thread::yield, makes it hard to profile properly.
- MC-138078 – Parrots don't imitate pillagers, ravagers, and pandas.
- MC-138285 – Unable to break the chorus fruit flower when shooting with an arrow or trident from directly above.
- MC-138699 – Fatal game crash - polar bear vehicle NPE.
- MC-138766 – Panda, illager beast, turtle, elder guardian, and ghast shadow is small compared to other mobs.
- MC-139559 – Scaffolding blocks do not notify the player when trying to exceed build limit.
- MC-140303 – Village structure "fishermen.nbt" uses plural name.
- MC-140625 – Sweet berry bush cannot replace snow layer, grass, tall grass, fern, and large fern unlike other flowers or plants.
- MC-140651 – Sweet berry bush cannot be planted when aiming at the side or bottom of a block.
- MC-141273 – Villagers don't breed.
- MC-141453 – Patrol leader killed by tamed wolf doesn't give you the bad omen effect.
- MC-141887 – Villagers profession level does not update correctly.
- MC-142082 – Missing generic inventory types.
- MC-142200 – minecraft:killed_by_crossbow advancement trigger does not work correctly in custom advancements.
- MC-142583 – Side of wall bell texture is missing when next to certain blocks.
- MC-142635 – Clicking bell in spawn protection without op animates bell but plays no sound.
- MC-142772 – Arrow hitbox change.
- MC-142890 – Wolves don't attack mobs the player damages with a projectile.
- MC-143420 – Wandering trader and trader llama will spawn when game rule doMobSpawning is false.
- MC-143674 – The unemployed villager (profession:none) is missing the translation string.
- MC-144017 – You can get the "Who's the pillager now?" advancement by killing a pillager with a regular bow.
- MC-144096 – Seventh scaffolding of a scaffolding bridge cannot be placed.
- MC-144098 – Skin not showing up due to IllegalStateException: Image is not allocated.
- MC-144175 – Scaffolding placement breaks blocks in its way.
- MC-144525 – Clicking any slider then clicking anywhere on the screen plays the 'click' sound.
- MC-144527 – Difficulty names aren't translated when locking the world difficulty.
- MC-144574 – Fire charge can light campfires underwater.
- MC-144603 – Block entities in player's chunk become stuck when reloading the world.
- MC-144605 – Minecarts cannot traverse corners.
- MC-144650 – Animals frequently quit following player.
- MC-144738 – Tridents go through blocks and appear black.
- MC-144781 – When outside spawn chunks, the player is not tracked until it leaves the subchunk it's in.
- MC-144847 – F3 pie chart spams log with errors.
- MC-145467 – Entities leave an invisible duplicate of themselves behind.
- From the previous development version
- MC-145110 – Multishot arrows don't spread when shot from a pillager.
- MC-145111 – When a pillager stops fighting while reloading, it will reload forever until it sees another target.
- MC-145118 – Regular bow can use rockets to fire.
- MC-145128 – New note block instrument audible range too low.
- MC-145411 – Skeleton bows don't use enchantments.
- MC-145498 – Dogs attack tamed cats.
- MC-145593 – Minecarts visually appear to turn onto a curved rail connected perpendicular to a straight rail.
- This URL for this snapshot is different from all other snapshots, as it does not contain the "a". The "w" in the title is capitalized, making the title "19W11" instead of what it should be, "19w11a".
Video made by slicedlime: