As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Java Edition 18w08b
February 22, 2018
18w08b is the twenty-second snapshot released for Java Edition 1.13, which added three types of fish mobs and fish buckets, a crafting recipe for dried kelp blocks, and changed the player's underwater visibility.
- Fish buckets
- Cod bucket
- Salmon bucket
- Puffer fish bucket.
- When used, it will place a water source block and spawn the corresponding fish inside it.
- Unused texture for an upcoming "clownfish bucket" added to the game files.
- Spawn egg
- Added fish as mobs.
- They spawn in cold, normal, and lukewarm ocean biomes.
- Swim in groups of up to 9 cod.
- They spawn in frozen ocean, cold ocean and river biomes.
- Swim in groups of up to 6 salmon.
- They spawn in lukewarm and warm ocean biomes.
- Inflate themselves when a player gets near.
- Will cause 7 seconds of Poison to nearby players.
- They drop themselves when killed.
- They need water to live. Outside of water, they flop around before suffocating.
- They can be caught with a water bucket.
- Warm and lukewarm oceans now have sand floors.
- Deep warm ocean biomes no longer generate.
- Changed natural water visibility.
- The longer a player stays underwater, the better they will be able to see. (Maximum underwater visibility is given when a player stays underwater for 1 minute)
- The Water Breathing status effect and Respiration enchantment no longer grant enhanced vision underwater.
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.13
- MC-80096 – Insufficient handling of Damage tag.
- MC-112974 – Hostile mob doesn't teleport correctly when overworld/nether is already loaded.
- MC-120524 – Signs controled by command blocks with scoreboards will make other block entities in the same chunk disappear after respawning.
- MC-120622 – Item loss with shift + click to fill up with picked up items.
- MC-124964 – Clicking into the armor slots or the first inventory slot cancels crafting recipe preview.
- From the 1.13 development versions
- MC-124007 – Multiplayer recipe book not working on server.
- MC-124896 – Testing for a score of x or a minimum of x doesn't work in execute if/unless score.
- MC-124909 – Taking an item out of the output slot of the furnace will give the player the recipe for the item in the input slot.
- MC-124963 – Clicking into the first 7 inventory slots cancels smelting recipe preview.
- MC-125352 – Dried kelp block can't be crafted.
- MC-125961 – Furnace experience reward depends on item in cooking slot, rather than output slot.
- From the previous development version
- MC-126049 – Underwater lighting effect glitch.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w08a" – Minecraft.net, February 21, 2018