As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Java Edition 16w33a
(Redirected from 16w33a)
August 17, 2016
- "Should not be played while driving"
- "You're going too fast!"
- Will now keep enchantments and durability when crafted with banners
- Some of elder guardians' and zombie villagers' subtitles are now distinct from the subtitles for guardians and zombies.
- More things will burn in the furnace
- 1 Wool smelts 0.5 items
- 1 Carpet smelts 0.33 items, just less than 1⁄3 items (increased in 16w35a)
- 1 Ladder smelts 1.165 items, just less than 1 1⁄6 items (increased in 16w35a)
- 1 Wooden Button smelts 0.5 items
- 1 Bow smelts 1.5 items
- 1 Fishing rod smelts 1.5 items
- 1 Sign smelts 1 item
- 1 Bowl smelts 0.5 items
- 1 Wooden door smelts 1 item
- 1 Boat smelts 2 items
- Can now be refilled with water bottles.
- If the player clicks on the bed, but is not right beside it, it now shows a message:
- "You may not rest now, the bed is too far away"
- Previously the player would get no message, but would be unable to sleep.
- Farmer villagers
- Now drop a wet sponge rather than a dry sponge
- Now require a dye when applying a pattern that uses a non-dye item, such as a creeper head or enchanted golden apple
- Previously the lack of a dye would have applied the black variant of the pattern.
- 34 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.11
- MC-4582 – Can't eat, throw, or shoot while looking at an iron door/iron trapdoor
- MC-5330 – Range for using bed is lower than normal range
- MC-9691 – Inconsistency: Some wooden items don't burn in furnaces
- MC-14525 – Name tag item doesn't work on entities with right click ability
- MC-30630 – Double grass and fern use 2 different biome colors for top and bottom
- MC-49666 – Trades not randomized for farmer villager
- MC-59888 – Tall grass (top) particles are sunflower texture with broken pallete
- MC-75726 – Broken error message when loading (broken?) resource packs
- MC-82811 – Attempting to use currently unusable items bobs item up and down
- MC-82965 – Main hand item use animation plays when using offhand (3rd person mode)
- MC-87048 – Putting design on shield will cause shield to lose enchantment
- MC-90538 – Elytra not placeable on Armor Stand
- MC-91209 – Inconsistent word separation in chat help for F3+[key] combinations (resourcepacks, renderdistance)
- MC-92294 – Elder guardians drop normal sponge instead of wet sponge
- MC-93371 – No armor stand breaking sound in Creative mode
- MC-94303 – Filling/emptying bucket/bottle sound doesn't play for cauldrons
- MC-94597 – Shooting an arrow prints "added speed" in the Game Output
- MC-97808 – Not canceled that draw a bow
- MC-98779 – Skeletons spawned with
/summonor natural spawning algorithm are not in the correct height
- MC-102683 – Elder Guardians use the same subtitles as normal Guardians
- MC-106168 – Using spawn egg on side of block spawns mobs inside transparent blocks
- From the 1.11 development versions
- MC-106030 – No longer receives xp when shift-clicking ingots in furnace
- MC-106043 – Placing a banner that was in a stack of 1 causes it to lose it's data
- MC-106045 – Fishing rod does not appear cast in offhand
- MC-106067 – Unable to dye banners
- MC-106133 – Skeletons / stray / wither skeleton with tipped arrow in offhand no longer shoot tipped arrows
- MC-106152 – Zombie villager has no independent subtitles
- MC-106172 – Wither skeleton / zombie pigman emits a constant hissing sound despite not being on fire when standing on a submerged fence
- MC-106190 – Husk / zombie villager drop zombie head when killed by charged creepers
- From the previous development version
- MC-106072 – Resource pack loaded as FOLDER doesn't show ingame anymore
- MC-106100 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
- MC-106101 –
Hopper: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
- MC-106116 – Achievements which rely on crafting the item (such as Benchmarking or Time to strike!) don't unlock when shift-clicking
- MC-106193 – No enchantment books when you're fishing
Video made by slicedlime:
- The blog post for this snapshot was the first posted by LadyAgnes.
- The 2 new splashes reference the game Pokémon GO.
- 16w33a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.