The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 16w06a
February 10, 2016
- The elytra texture now defaults to the cape texture if no custom texture is uploaded and the player owns a cape.
- Are now crafted by 8 arrows surrounding a lingering potion of that type, yielding 8 of them.
- Can no longer be obtained by splashing down a lingering potion first, then shooting regular arrows through that cloud.
- This new method can even create tipped arrows from a custom lingering potion using commands, but the tipped arrow will say "Arrow of Splashing" if it is custom-made.
- Generation has changed (to a formation or pattern of rings):
- The 1st ring has 3 strongholds distanced 1408–2688 blocks from the origin.
- The 2nd ring has 6 strongholds distanced 4480–5760 blocks from the origin.
- The 3rd ring has 10 strongholds distanced 7552–8832 blocks from the origin.
- The 4th ring has 15 strongholds distanced 10624–11904 blocks from the origin.
- The 5th ring has 21 strongholds distanced 13696–14976 blocks from the origin.
- The 6th ring has 28 strongholds distanced 16768–18048 blocks from the origin.
- The 7th ring has 36 strongholds distanced 19840–21120 blocks from the origin.
- The 8th ring has 9 strongholds distanced 22912–24192 blocks from the origin.
- The player's body, hand and held item is now rendered while sleeping in bed.
- Most entities in the game should now move much more smoothly.
- Maximum radius is now 16 blocks (i.e., levels over 14 do not increase the range).
- Riding entities such as boats, horses, minecarts and saddled pigs, are now run by the client instead of by the server.
- In addition to previous patches of the 1.9 snapshots, more sounds have been modified. [more information needed]
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-72340 – Summoning an iron golem riding a zombie makes the zombie blind.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84361 – Ridden pig on a grass path is constantly jumping.
- MC-88403 – Arrows blocked by shield appear first above the player and then in front.
- MC-90202 – Client can always use carrot on a stick, ignoring pig's food state.
- MC-90348 –
stat.breakItem.minecraft.shielddoes not exist.
- MC-90605 – Constant teleporting between the Nether and the Overworld.
- MC-92289 – Extra strongholds spawn in positions Mojang didn't intend.
- MC-92476 – Inventory Duplication Glitch based on uncompleted entity removal.
- MC-94104 – Floating tripwire disappears since 15w50a.
- MC-94169 – Fishing rod bobber collision error (into the block).
- MC-94213 – Snowman/iron golem slight into blocks (descent altitude 0.03125, 1/32 block).
- MC-95416 – Item duplication in multiplayer.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 16w06a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- The wool in the hotbar in the snapshot cover image when converted into numbers based on the damage value reads "17022016", which appears to be February 17, 2016 — the date that Java Edition 1.9-pre1 was later released.