From Minecraft Wiki
December 17, 2015
15w51a is the forty-seventh snapshot released for 1.9, released to fix bugs and crashes.
- New gamerule
spawnRadiuscontrolling how far from the world spawn point players can spawn. Defaults to 10.
- Water produced by melting ice now flows.
- No longer drop music discs when
/gamerule doMobLoot falseis set.
- Mob AI and pathfinding
- Has been improved.
- Will now drop their corresponding wood planks when broken.
- End crystals can no longer be placed in Adventure gamemode.
- When riding minecart, boat, pig or horse, terrain will now normally generate.
- Frost Walker enchantment
- No longer frosts water blocks that do not have an air block above.
- Spectator Mode
- A spectator is no longer able to open a chest where the loot has not been generated yet. They are given the message: "Unable to open. Loot not generated yet."
- Glowing Status effect now outlines players and mobs more exactly, arrows stuck in them or items held and transparencies will now be obeyed.
/gameruleto set a gamerule will now report the change: “Game rule <gamerule> has been updated to <value>.”
- 22 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-3564 – Debug message “
Unable to locate Sign at (x, y, z)” left inside Minecraft client.
- MC-13046 – Certain supported characters glitch out, clearing out lines of text.
- MC-51725 – Gamerule
doMobLootdoes not affect the dropping of music discs.
- MC-69072 –
/worldborder warning distance/timethrows an error when used without arguments.
- MC-73886 – Villagers don’t recognize blocked doors correctly.
- MC-75256 –
spawn-protectionis also spawn randomization size.
- MC-93614 – Bats fly from creative players.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-85709 – The ender dragon is incorrectly outlined when it has the Glowing effect.
- MC-86099 – The outline of glowing guardian’s tail is bigger than the tail itself.
- MC-89246 – When the “glowing” effect finishes on an entity it un-renders things for one frame.
- MC-89915 – Chunks don’t load when the player is in a minecart/on a horse/pig.
- MC-89954 – All boat types drop oak wood planks.
- MC-90585 – Navigating on a boat wearing Frost Walker enchantment frosts the water layer below the boat.
- MC-92915 – Items, blocks & XP orbs appear transparent and/or gray when picked up
- MC-93503 – Inner elytra texture doesn't render while holding a skull.
- MC-93532 – Holding items will slightly brighten an elytra being worn.
- MC-93622 – Endermen remain hostile after switching gamemodes.
- MC-93772 – Mobs follow player in creative and spectator mode.
- MC-93844 – Transparent hat pixels on skull render opaque.
- MC-93944 – Default resource pack is ordered topmost until closing and re-entering the resource pack dialogue.
- MC-94010 – Wolves joining an attack stay aggressive on the player even after changing gamemode.
- From the previous development version
- MC-94295 – Ender dragon respawns on its own in pre-1.9 worlds.