We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
November 12, 2015
15w46a is the fortieth snapshot released for 1.9.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Now replace replaceable blocks such as grass, instead of trying (and failing) to be placed on them.
- Now is collected at the middle rather than at the head
- This means that if a large amount of experience is collected, it will no longer block the player's view.
- Blocks no longer drop XP when the
doTileDropsgamerule is false.
- Mobs smaller than 0.512 cubic blocks can no longer turn farmland to dirt by jumping or falling on it.
- Filled buckets
- Now replace single snow layers when used on the top, instead of placing the water or lava in the air above the snow layer.
- Their sides now include an edge texture.
- Iron golems spawned in 15w46a and later have 100% knockback resistance.
- Mobs can no longer spawn inside blocks that block movement but are transparent, such as leaves.
- Mobs can no longer spawn in blocks containing rails, powered rails, detector rails, or activator rails.
- Mobs can no longer spawn in blocks containing buttons, tripwire hooks, pressure plates, levers, redstone torches, redstone repeaters, comparators, or redstone dust.
- Now require a 16 block square radius of deep ocean, not just a single deep ocean block at the center.
- Smaller than before.
- Chance to drop a rabbit's foot is now 10% + 3 percentage points per level of Looting (was 2.5% + 1 percentage point per Looting).
- Now only spawn in deserts, flower forests, taiga, mega taiga, cold taiga, ice plains, ice mountains, ice plains spikes, and "hills" and "M" variants of these biomes. Even in these biomes, spawn chance is somewhat reduced (weight 4 out of 44–52 rather than 10 out of 50–58).
- Rabbits are faster when panicking.
- Rabbits no longer prefer begging for food to mating.
- Non-killer rabbits now avoid players within 8 blocks and most hostile mobs within 4 blocks (except slimes, magma cubes, and ghasts), and move faster when doing so. Also, avoidance range for wolves was reduced from 16 to 10 blocks.
- Health reduced from 10 () to 3 ().
- Naturally-spawned rabbit's skin depends on the biome. When breeding rabbits, there is a 5% chance the baby will match the biome rather than either parent.
- In a snowy biome, 80% white and 20% black & white.
- In a desert or desert hills, 100% gold.
- Otherwise, 50% brown, 40% salt & pepper, 10% black.
- MoreCarrotTicks no longer has any effect.
- When destroying crops, MoreCarrotTicks is set to 40 rather than 100.
- Rabbits eating carrot crops now reduces the growth stage by 1 level, only removing the crop block entirely if the growth stage was 0.
- Hitbox for redstone is now smaller based on the connections, similarly to fences
- Now emit power through adjacent blocks.
- Reverted in 15w47a
- No longer leave a trail of snow if the game rule
- Collar when tamed is now red, as it had been in releases before 1.8, rather than orange.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- 47 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-128 – 3rd person view reverts to 1st person view if head inside a block (corner a one block wide tunnel in a minecart, ride on a horse through a block, piston...)
- MC-415 – Leaves replace transparent blocks
- MC-1701 – Flying through a Portal in Creative turns off “fly mode” on the other side
- MC-1752 – Breaking Doors moves the other part of the door sometimes
- MC-1846 – First-person perspective parallax problem
- MC-2631 –
/defaultgamemodenot changing tag on world selection screen
- MC-3480 – superflat generating air
- MC-3634 – Blocks incorrectly able to be placed on end portal frame / end portal frames are solid
- MC-3776 – IPv6 Does Not Work
- MC-3867 – Mob inside mob spawner “stutters” if no player is in spawn range or spawner is outside worldborder
- MC-4839 – Sprinting Stops After Certain Distance/Time
- MC-5951 – Comparator side input does not recognize all types of redstone power sources
- MC-7849 – No step sound when walking on Anvils
- MC-8565 – Underwater: TNT dispensed into a block above a dispenser visually appears above the block
- MC-11149 – Redstone hitbox not allowing block below to be hit
- MC-11519 – Epilepsy trigger from collecting a lot of EXP
- MC-11790 – Since the advent of 1.5, we can no longer put a water seal on the snow, water is placed in the block above the snow
- MC-11996 – Mining an anvil plays no sound!
- MC-13818 – Unable to see Horse Health in Creative
- MC-19243 – Breath icon misplaced with Absorption
- MC-29362 –
WitherBosshealth bar showing from spawners
- MC-35665 – Glass panes don’t join up correctly with ice blocks
- MC-38422 – Blocks drop XP with
doTileDropsset to false
- MC-49370 –
mobGriefingfalse snowman snow placing
- MC-54109 – Wolfs collar is orange instead of red
- MC-57569 – Wither Moves During Shield Generation / Wither attacking before initial explosion
- MC-62041 – Untamed horses continue consuming food after reaching 100% tameability (0 temper) / Tamed horses continue consuming golden food after already in love mode
- MC-62118 – Iron bars model issues
- MC-64139 – Cannot place banner or sign on snow layer level 1
- MC-64492 – Changes to mob spawning algorithm (Mobs don't require 'Air'-block for spawning cycle)
- MC-65214 – Guardians are spawned in random places
- MC-68443 – Distant Mobs Don't Despawn When Changing to Peaceful
- MC-72834 – Horse suffocates when tries to jump on block with 2-high roof
- MC-78635 – Stopping a server after save-off causes unexpected data loss
- MC-80807 – NBT data for
- MC-91299 – Rabbit legs twitching
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-45842 – Reads from java are slow due to many system calls?
- MC-52254 –
/spreadplayerssometimes teleports players underground, sometimes suffocates them
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84306 – Glowing aura doesn’t work if team color is set to reset
- MC-86983 – Cobblestone walls flicker when being moved with slime blocks
- MC-87920 – Enderman looks backwards in
- MC-88875 – Donkey and Mule have swapped textures
- MC-91025 – RedStone fix - Color Changing beacon
- MC-92148 – Crash when selecting 'Teleport to team member' in Spectator Mode
- From the previous development version
- MC-92137 – Stairs’ UV Mapping is upside-down
- MC-92144 – Hopper:
java.lang.ClassCastException: ahw cannot be cast to ahn
- MC-92167 – “Realms Notifications” option in options menu