August 20, 2014
14w34d is the fifty-second and final snapshot for 1.8, and was released to fix some bugs and crashes from 14w34a, 14w34b, and 14w34c. It was announced that it would likely be the last snapshot before the 1.8 pre-release, and was also the final snapshot of 2014.
This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- 39 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-2292 – OS X: Ctrl modifier key instead of ⌘ Cmd.
- MC-2713 – Occasionally players can't hit entities with anything.
- MC-3716 – Ender pearls and beds bug.
- MC-4329 – Parts of enchanted leather armor, when held, don't shimmer.
- MC-4934 – Squids make footstep sounds.
- MC-5215 – Mob spawner "
MaximumNearbyEntity" tag only has maximum range of 4 above and 4 below.
- MC-9164 – Chickens can be bred with nether wart, melon seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- MC-19996 – Statistics menu item names.
- MC-29711 – Sprinting while flying.
- MC-36329 – Rendering glitch when looking at river through stained glass.
- MC-48270 – Slimes appear for 1/2 a second in Peaceful.
- MC-54799 – Bad rendering: Spiders/cave spiders name above them.
- MC-55045 – Race condition in Linux fullscreen toggle.
- MC-55172 – Mobs do not spawn at the heights 16, 32, 48, 64, 80... (multiples of 16).
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44554 – Mushrooms spawning in deserts.
- MC-44655 –
- MC-44799 – Slimes cannot jump on slime blocks
- MC-44808 – Superflat slime block world is causing "Already Tesselating!" crash/major lag when using a big amount of slime blocks.
- MC-44907 – Beacon interface grayed out.
- MC-44957 – Teleporting just spawned items doesn't visually teleports them.
- MC-45855 – Minecraft crashes with this command.
- MC-47591 – Held items are black hile riding a minecart/boat.
- MC-47768 – Specifying distance for village generation in superflat preset fails to make the world.
- MC-48030 – Changing resource packs doesn't reload custom block models.
- MC-48613 – Comparator still gives off success signal when "The entity UUID provided is in an invalid format".
- MC-48892 –
/tprotation not working on mobs.
- MC-54827 – Internal error occurs when summoning falling sand riding an item frame.
- MC-59928 – Torches placed by world gen are unattached (villages, stronghold, mineshaft, end exit portal).
- MC-60036 – Killer rabbits are hostile to people in Creative mode.
- MC-61506 – Rabbits notice/follow spectating players.
- MC-61601 – Bone meal used up when applying to fully grown crops.
- MC-62165 – Chunks near spawn don't render with VBOs activated.
- MC-62359 –
- MC-63621 – Dispensers consume bonemeal even if there is no crop to grow in front.
- MC-64567 – Crash when spawning many silverfishes.
- MC-64697 – Continual Ticking Entity Crash. Hostile MOB, Passive & NULL Entities.
- MC-68154 – Sound delay when placing blocks.
- MC-68232 – Some items are missing pixels in 3D models.
- From the previous development version
- MC-68358 – Game doesn't open when player shows desktop.