From Minecraft Wiki
May 15, 2014
14w20a is the twenty-third snapshot released for 1.8.
- Can make text display on a players screen in the form of a title and/or subtitle
/title <player> times <fadeIn> <stay> <fadeOut>
- Set the fade in time, the stay on screen time and the fade out time for the title
/title <player> title <raw json message>
- Set and start showing the title
/title <player> subtitle <raw json message>
- Set and start the subtitle
/title <player> clear
- Clear titles immediately
/title <player> reset
- Reset all title parameters to defaults (fade times)
- Now generate on the surface of desert, mesa, mega taiga and mushroom biomes
- Tab list
- Made tab-list more consistent and a little prettier when using health display objective.
- Now groups together teams
- Now sorts players by name
- Spectator mode
- Adjusting fly speed in spectator mode now works vertically too.
- World borders
- If you’re stuck outside the world border, it is possible to freely fly/walk around (not possible to freely walk through the border from the inside though)
- F3 debug screen
- The 'Towards Positive/Negative X/Z' is back
- Block meta data
- Blocks no longer have bits for meta data, the freed up bits are now used for block ids (dynamically)
- "Run, coward! I hunger!"
- "Blue warrior shot the food!"
- "Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!"
- "Rise from your grave!"
From released versions before 1.8
- MC-8881 – Mobs treat any layered snow as non-solid
- MC-26203 – Scoreboard: player does not appear in sidebar after setting initial score to zero
- MC-33084 –
/givecommand at dead players
- MC-41234 – "
/summon"ed or spawned LeashKnots always spawn at 0, 0, 0
- MC-51776 – 32000 Command block character limit only works as a 16000 character limit within Minecraft
- MC-52881 – Knockback distance incorrect, depends on login order
From the 1.8 snapshots
- MC-44331 – Interacting with invalid villagers crashes the game
- MC-45303 – Surface dungeons generating without spawner, chests, and most of floor
- MC-46765 – Leaves, Block of Redstone, TNT and Glowstone cause suffocation damage
- MC-48442 – Mob Dungeon spawning without floor / with broken chests / overwritten spawner
- MC-48535 – Creeper explosion animation missing if
mobGriefingset to false
- MC-49577 – Slime spawning
- MC-50275 – Leads don't show knot on fence posts and cannot be right clicked
- MC-50323 – Chest not openable with item frame on, standing too close
- MC-50852 –
/scoreboard players reset * objectiveclears sidebar for other scoreboard objectives
- MC-50974 – Renamed items not displaying name in item frames after respawn
- MC-51080 – Endermite ignore
- MC-53380 – Staying outside border makes you unable to move at all
- MC-53435 – Debug screen: Facing towards negative/Positive X/Z removed
- MC-53469 – Sliders have incorrect values causing world to never be created
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive)
- MC-54164 – footstep, hugeexplosion and largeexplode particles don't appear
- MC-54228 – Respawning after death outside of worldborder places player at Y=256
- MC-54381 –
/scoreboard players operationdoesn't work on a player that's not on a scoreboard, but also does work