From Minecraft Wiki
May 15, 2014
14w20a is the twenty-third snapshot released for 1.8.
- Can make text display on a players screen in the form of a title and/or subtitle
/title <player> times <fadeIn> <stay> <fadeOut>
- Set the fade in time, the stay on screen time and the fade out time for the title
/title <player> title <raw json message>
- Set and start showing the title
/title <player> subtitle <raw json message>
- Set and start the subtitle
/title <player> clear
- Clear titles immediately
/title <player> reset
- Reset all title parameters to defaults (fade times)
- Now generate on the surface of desert, mesa, mega taiga and mushroom biomes
- Tab list
- Made tab-list more consistent and a little prettier when using health display objective.
- Now groups together teams
- Now sorts players by name
- Spectator mode
- Adjusting fly speed in spectator mode now works vertically too.
- World borders
- If you’re stuck outside the world border, it is possible to freely fly/walk around (not possible to freely walk through the border from the inside though)
- F3 debug screen
- The 'Towards Positive/Negative X/Z' is back
- Block meta data
- Blocks no longer have bits for meta data, the freed up bits are now used for block ids (dynamically)
- "Run, coward! I hunger!"
- "Blue warrior shot the food!"
- "Warning! A huge battleship "STEVE" is approaching fast!"
- "Rise from your grave!"
From released versions before 1.8
- – Mobs treat any layered snow as non-solid
- – Scoreboard: player does not appear in sidebar after setting initial score to zero
/givecommand at dead players
/summon"ed or spawned LeashKnots always spawn at 0, 0, 0
- – 32000 Command block character limit only works as a 16000 character limit within Minecraft
- – Knockback distance incorrect, depends on login order
From the 1.8 snapshots
- – Interacting with invalid villagers crashes the game
- – Surface dungeons generating without spawner, chests, and most of floor
- – Leaves, Block of Redstone, TNT and Glowstone cause suffocation damage
- – Mob Dungeon spawning without floor / with broken chests / overwritten spawner
mobGriefingset to false
– Creeper explosion animation missing if
- – Slime spawning
- – Leads don't show knot on fence posts and cannot be right clicked
- – Chest not openable with item frame on, standing too close
/scoreboard players reset * objectiveclears sidebar for other scoreboard objectives
- – Renamed items not displaying name in item frames after respawn
– Endermite ignore
- – Staying outside border makes you unable to move at all
- – Debug screen: Facing towards negative/Positive X/Z removed
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive)
– Sliders have incorrect values causing world to never be created
- – footstep, hugeexplosion and largeexplode particles don't appear
- – Respawning after death outside of worldborder places player at Y=256
/scoreboard players operationdoesn't work on a player that's not on a scoreboard, but also does work