The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 14w19a
May 8, 2014
14w19a is the twenty-second snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Slime blocks can now push entities sideways and downwards when attached to a piston.
- When they are on the ground, entities are pushed less.
- The warning, a red-colored aura seen when within a certain distance of the world border.
- Only visible on Fancy graphics.
- Outside the border, the warning is at full strength.
- Inside the border, the warning gradually gets stronger as the player approaches the border.
- If the border is stationary, the warning is first seen as the player passes the warning distance, default 5 blocks from the player's location.
- If the border is shrinking quickly enough, the warning will be first visible at the warning time, default 15 seconds from the player's location.
- New options
/worldborder damage <buffer|amount>
buffer(default 5) is the distance (in blocks) into the barrier before a player starts to become damaged.
amount(default 0.2) is the amount (per block) of damage a player will take, for each block-distance the player is past the barrier's buffer.
/worldborder warning <time|distance>
time(default 15) is the advance notice given (in seconds) to a player, using the red warning, that a shrinking world border is approaching their location.
distance(default 5) is the distance (in blocks) at which the red warning will start to appear, as a player approaches the barrier.
- The border in the Nether is now the same size as that of the Overworld.
- Traveling to the Nether will now not create new portals outside the boundary.
- It is still possible to emerge at an existing portal outside the boundary.
- Spectator mode
- Spectators now have a UI to teleport to other players.
- Activated by mouse middle-click, or pressing a number key.
- When more than 8 players are available to choose, the sides will be replaced by arrows.
- When teams are set up, teams can be selected individually to only display that team's players.
- Both number keys and the 'pick block'-button together with the scroll wheel can be used to control the interface.
- Teleportation works across dimensions.
- "Far from complete".
- 5 issues fixed
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-51109 –
- MC-53555 – Portal in Nether was set outside the border.
- MC-53557 – World border stops growing/shrinking when you exit and re-enter a world.
- MC-54125 –
/worldborder set 100 10says "10000 seconds" instead of 10.
- MC-54358 – Sticky piston break unmovable blocks, such as saplings, crops, leaves, liquids, melons, and pumpkins when pulled.
- 14w19a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.