Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
March 13, 2014
14w11a is the seventeenth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Appearance is similar to a silverfish's appearance, except they are purple and emit ender particles.
- Endermen are hostile towards them.
- Sometimes spawn in place of an enderman teleporting away.
- Despawn after 2 minutes.
- Spawn with a 5 percent chance when an ender pearl lands.
- Not yet completed – endermites may have something to do with dragon eggs.
- Now internally use states instead of metadata.
- Metadata will still be used for a while.
- Block states of the block being looked at will now be displayed on the debug screen - Examples: redstone, door.
- Internally, metadata no longer needs to be calculated out of the 4-bit data value, instead, the values of specified properties can now be easily gotten and set.
- Block models
- Converted fence gates, brewing stands.
- Lighting now works with models (most models for some users).
- Dropped items now face the player in all three directions on fast graphics.
- Show two holes in their item icon.
- now run away from exploding creepers.
- Walks slightly faster.
- Will occasionally before moving again (similar to most mobs).
- Seem to jump a bit more randomly.
- Changed minecart physics.
- Minecarts now go faster and farther.
- Improved collision and position handling.
- Minecarts can derail at corners if going too fast, as well as refuse to go uphill.
- They now give a much greater boost to other minecarts.
- When powered, they can move on non-powered rails without decelerating.
- Minecart with TNT explosions no longer stack.
- On the right hand side, a display shows up if you are looking at a block, giving various pieces of information and NBT data about it.
- Looking at a door and redstone shows you the state of the block.
- Door: which way it is facing, if it is open, which half you are looking at, if it is powered, and what side the hinge is.
- Redstone: power direction (up, down, side, none) for all compass directions (north, south, east, west) and power level.
- Not 100% complete, data for a lot of blocks still missing.
- 6 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-36822 – Minecart with command block merging.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- From the previous development version
- MC-50452 – Rails don't render from below.
- MC-50838 – Entity UUID WitherSkull.
- MC-50904 – ender man acting weird.
Pictures of fix to in block faces.
- 14w11a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.