We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
January 30, 2014
14w05a is the eighth snapshot released for 1.8.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Spectator game mode
- No interaction with the world
- Player can move through any entity or block without interfering with it (commonly referred to as 'noclip' or as if in the Far Lands because they have fake chunks)
- Collecting or using items is impossible, as is placing, destroying or interacting with blocks in any way
- A bug in this version allows the selected item from the hotbar to be dropped
- Viewing inventories and GUIs is possible, but it is not possible to interact with them
- The Heads-up display is disabled, except for the crosshairs when looking at a mob.
- Player selectors (in commands) will target spectators
/giveon a spectator will cause the item(s) to drop at their location.
- Spectators are not noticed by mobs, and do not trigger spawners or spawning
- A spectator's presence keeps a mob from despawning
- Only the Void and
/killcan damage a spectator
- Flying mode
- Landing is not possible—the player can fly through the ground
- The mouse scroll wheel, the sprint key, and the slowness and swiftness effects all affect the flying speed
- First-person view through another player or mob's eyes
- Left-clicking an entity locks the player's position and camera to the entity's
- The spectator cannot control where the entity moves or looks
- Certain mobs have different vision
- Creeper applies the new creeper.json shader
- Endermen applies the invert.json shader
- Spider and Cave Spider apply the new spider.json shader
- Viewing oneself using F5 shows the entity
- Pressing the Dismount key (⇧ Shift by default) returns the player to flying mode
- Viewing privileges
- Spectators can see other spectators
- Appear as a translucent disembodied head
- The selected item from the hotbar is also visible
- Invisible players and mobs appear visible, but translucent
- Spectators can see other spectators
- Shows the world in pixelated shades of green, similar to green.json
- Is applied when you use spectator mode on a creeper
- A segmented-eyes effect
- Is applied when you use spectator mode on a spider
- pls rt
- Do you want to join my server?
- Put a little fence around it!
- Throw a blanket over it!
- One day, somewhere in the future, my work will be quoted!
- Now with additional stuff!
- Extra things!
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Copying written books
- Copying written books will now mark them as copies/copies of copies
- The copying status of a book (i.e. original, copy of original or copy of a copy) is denoted in a separate line in the tooltip, beneath the author's name
- Copies of copies cannot be copied
- Activator rail
- Powered activator rails will now shake minecarts, causing riders to dismount
- Debug screen
- Text now has a background.
- Replaced x, y, z, b, bl and other labels with more understandable labels.
- "Light" is now the light levels at feet, not eyes.
- Currently missing LC value.
- GUI code
- Improvements to allow "cooler things"
- End Portal (block)
- Inventory image is now the Missing Texture block instead of the Nether Portal.
- Armor no longer gets colored when mobs/players are hurt
Fixes[edit | edit source]
From released versions before 1.8
- MC-9752 – The command block will detect players who are dead, but have not yet hit re spawn
- MC-38944 – Joining Realms World "Cancel" Button Mis-Placed
From the 1.8 snapshots
- MC-44521 –
@e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- MC-45041 –
/setblockon a tile entity with "
replace" doesn't seem to work
- MC-45050 –
/fill … skull| Hitbox Bug
- MC-45159 – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- MC-45239 –
/clear @adoes not work in Minecraft 14w03b
- MC-45453 – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly
- MC-45470 – Items don't render on the ground properly
- MC-45478 – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them
- MC-45492 – Transparent blocks are much darker
- MC-45554 – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
From the previous snapshot
- MC-45764 – Map will not show in item frame
- MC-45795 – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops
- MC-45847 –
/summonVillager Farmer NBT tag
canPickUpLootwill default to 0