Java Edition 14w05a
(Redirected from 14w05a)
January 30, 2014
14w05a is the eighth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.8.
- Act like a solid block but are completely transparent.
- Can transfer redstone signals and allow blocks to be placed on it.
- Invincible like bedrock.
- Can be obtained using
/give @s minecraft:barrier.
- Use the lava texture as their breaking particles.
- New game mode.
- No interaction with the world.
- Player can move through any entity or block without interfering with it (commonly referred to as 'noclip' or as if in the far lands because they have fake chunks).
- Collecting or using items is impossible, as is placing, destroying or interacting with blocks in any way.
- A bug in this version allows the selected item from the hotbar to be dropped.
- Viewing inventories and GUIs is possible, but it is not possible to interact with them.
- The heads-up display is disabled, except for the cross hair when looking at a mob.
- Player selectors (in commands) can target spectators.
/giveon a spectator will cause the item(s) to drop at their location.
- Spectators are not noticed by mobs, and do not trigger spawners or spawning.
- A spectator's presence keeps a mob from despawning.
- Only the void and
/killcan damage a spectator.
- Flying mode.
- Landing is not possible—the player can fly through the ground.
- The mouse scroll wheel, the sprint key, and the slowness and swiftness effects all affect the flying speed.
- First-person view through another player or mob's eyes.
- Left-clicking an entity locks the player's position and camera to the entity's.
- The spectator cannot control where the entity moves or looks.
- Certain mobs have a different vision.
- Creeper applies the new creeper.json shader.
- Endermen applies the invert.json shader.
- Spider and Cave Spider apply the new spider.json shader.
- Viewing oneself using F5 shows the entity.
- Pressing the dismount key (⇧ Shift by default) returns the player to flying mode.
- Viewing privileges.
- Spectators can see other spectators.
- Appear as a translucent disembodied head.
- The selected item from the hotbar is also visible.
- Invisible players and mobs appear visible, but translucent.
- Spectators can see other spectators.
- Shows the world in pixelated shades of green, similar to green.json.
- Is applied when you use spectator mode on a creeper.
- A segmented-eyes effect.
- Is applied when you use spectator mode on a spider.
- Added pls rt
- Added Do you want to join my server?
- Added Put a little fence around it!
- Added Throw a blanket over it!
- Added One day, somewhere in the future, my work will be quoted!
- Added Now with additional stuff!
- Added Extra things!
- Powered activator rails will now shake minecarts, causing riders to dismount.
- Inventory image is now the Missing Texture block instead of the Nether Portal.
- Armor no longer gets colored when mobs/players are hurt.
- Copying written books will now mark them as copies/copies of copies.
- The copying status of a book (i.e. original, copy of original or copy of a copy) is denoted in a separate line in the tooltip, beneath the author's name.
- Copies of copies cannot be copied.
- Text now has a background.
- Replaced x, y, z, b, bl and other labels with more understandable labels.
- "Light" is now the light levels at feet, not eyes.
- Currently missing LC value.
- GUI code
- Improvements to allow "cooler things".
- 15 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-9752 – The command block will detect players who are dead, but have not yet hit respawn.
- MC-38944 – Joining Realms world "cancel" button misplaced.
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44521 –
@e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- MC-45041 –
/setblockon a tile entity with "
replace" doesn't seem to work.
- MC-45050 –
/fill … skull| Hitbox bug.
- MC-45159 – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- MC-45239 –
/clear @adoes not work in Minecraft 14w03b.
- MC-45453 – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly.
- MC-45470 – Items don't render on the ground properly.
- MC-45478 – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them.
- MC-45492 – Transparent blocks are much darker.
- MC-45554 – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- From the previous development version
- MC-45764 – Map will not show in item frame.
- MC-45795 – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops.
- MC-45847 –
/summonVillager farmer NBT tag
canPickUpLootwill default to 0.
- 14w05a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.