January 30, 2014
14w05a is the eighth snapshot released for 1.8.
This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.
- Spectator game mode
- No interaction with the world
- Player can move through any entity or block without interfering with it (commonly referred to as 'noclip' or as if in the far lands because they have fake chunks)
- Collecting or using items is impossible, as is placing, destroying or interacting with blocks in any way
- A bug in this version allows the selected item from the hotbar to be dropped
- Viewing inventories and GUIs is possible, but it is not possible to interact with them
- The heads-up display is disabled, except for the cross hair when looking at a mob.
- Player selectors (in commands) can target spectators
/giveon a spectator will cause the item(s) to drop at their location.
- Spectators are not noticed by mobs, and do not trigger spawners or spawning
- A spectator's presence keeps a mob from despawning
- Only the void and
/killcan damage a spectator
- Flying mode
- Landing is not possible—the player can fly through the ground
- The mouse scroll wheel, the sprint key, and the slowness and swiftness effects all affect the flying speed
- First-person view through another player or mob's eyes
- Left-clicking an entity locks the player's position and camera to the entity's
- The spectator cannot control where the entity moves or looks
- Certain mobs have different vision
- Creeper applies the new creeper.json shader
- Endermen applies the invert.json shader
- Spider and Cave Spider apply the new spider.json shader
- Viewing oneself using F5 shows the entity
- Pressing the dismount key (⇧ Shift by default) returns the player to flying mode
- Viewing privileges
- Spectators can see other spectators
- Appear as a translucent disembodied head
- The selected item from the hotbar is also visible
- Invisible players and mobs appear visible, but translucent
- Spectators can see other spectators
- Shows the world in pixelated shades of green, similar to green.json
- Is applied when you use spectator mode on a creeper
- A segmented-eyes effect
- Is applied when you use spectator mode on a spider
- pls rt
- Do you want to join my server?
- Put a little fence around it!
- Throw a blanket over it!
- One day, somewhere in the future, my work will be quoted!
- Now with additional stuff!
- Extra things!
- Copying written books
- Copying written books will now mark them as copies/copies of copies
- The copying status of a book (i.e. original, copy of original or copy of a copy) is denoted in a separate line in the tooltip, beneath the author's name
- Copies of copies cannot be copied
- Activator rail
- Powered activator rails will now shake minecarts, causing riders to dismount
- Debug screen
- Text now has a background.
- Replaced x, y, z, b, bl and other labels with more understandable labels.
- "Light" is now the light levels at feet, not eyes.
- Currently missing LC value.
- GUI code
- Improvements to allow "cooler things"
- End portal (block)
- Inventory image is now the Missing Texture block instead of the Nether Portal.
- Armor no longer gets colored when mobs/players are hurt
- 15 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-9752 – The command block will detect players who are dead, but have not yet hit re spawn
- MC-38944 – Joining Realms World "Cancel" Button Mis-Placed
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44521 –
@e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- MC-45041 –
/setblockon a tile entity with "
replace" doesn't seem to work
- MC-45050 –
/fill … skull| Hitbox Bug
- MC-45159 – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- MC-45239 –
/clear @adoes not work in Minecraft 14w03b
- MC-45453 – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly
- MC-45470 – Items don't render on the ground properly
- MC-45478 – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them
- MC-45492 – Transparent blocks are much darker
- MC-45554 – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- From the previous development version
- MC-45764 – Map will not show in item frame
- MC-45795 – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops
- MC-45847 –
/summonVillager Farmer NBT tag
canPickUpLootwill default to 0