Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
October 17, 2013
13w42a is the twelfth snapshot for 1.7.2.
- Witches now spawn anywhere where the light level is 7 or less, including any biome and underground.
- Different letters can now be typed on signs
- Stained glass and stained glass panes have a smoother/transparent texture
- Rewrote the sound system
- You are now able to add new sounds using resource packs
- Resource packs can now add, remove, supplement, randomize, and group sounds using JSON
- Sounds and music are now stored together in the new .minecraft/assets/sounds folder
- Improved maps
- Transparency adjusted slightly
- You can no longer see the water surface from underwater
- Inventory of the player
- The armor boxes get black when empty and away from cursor.
- Putting cursor over the armor inventory displays which armor is to put on there.
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- – Sounds (e.g. mobs/portals/water) don't immediately fade
- – You cant look through ice or stained glass if you have it in your hand, but you can if it is placed
- – Sounds playing after leaving world
- – Constant minecart sound
- – Successful hit sound effect does not match the sound in the assets sound folder
- From the 1.7.2 snapshots
- – Major bug: arrows shot by infinity bow/skeleton do not despawn over time
- – Signs, Heads and Cauldrons have a full block breaking texture
- – Glitchy item borders with mipmapping and anisotropic filtering activated
- – The Mojang logo is blurry
- – Rain does not stop
- – Losing connection to server when a minecart command block is placed on a powered activator rail
- – Minecart sound is considered an enemy monster
- – Glass panes, stained glass and ice show the texture in all faces
- From the previous snapshot
- – Superflat shows void particles
- – Mobs/other players only looking in one direction/walking backwards on SMP