From Minecraft Wiki
September 26, 2013
13w39a is the eighth snapshot released for 1.7.2.
- Added red sand
- Added minecart with command block
- Can only be obtained using /give (item ID 422 or minecraft:hopper_command_block) or /summon (entity name MinecartCommandBlock)
- Activated by activator rails
- Run their command every so often as long as they are powered - Running a command block minecart across a single powered activator rail at full speed will run its command thrice
- Can be success-tested while on a detector rail with a redstone comparator next to the rail (just like how the minecart with chest and minecart with hopper can be fill-checked)
- Orange stained clay generates in mesa in place of sandstone
- When enchanting books, books can now gain multiple enchantments.
- Logging is now done using Log4j 2
- Default logging location is now in logs/latest.logs, older logs are archived in logs/2013-09-23-1.lg.gz, with the number at the end increasing each startup
- Thanks to Log4j 2, the way logs are saved can be changed, examples: html page, database, errors only, no logging at all
From released versions before 1.7
- MC-673 – Sky/lighting doesn't get darker during a thunderstorm
- MC-1105 – Villagers act like it is raining when they are in the desert, and it rains elsewhere
- MC-28405 – The saddle equip sound effect does not play when equipping a pig with a saddle.
From the 1.7 snapshots
- MC-29521 – Rain doesn't make particles/sound in some biomes (extreme hills)
- MC-31418 – Snow golems die in extreme hills snow
- MC-31432 – XP orb sound bug
- MC-31438 – Enemy Monster slider controls the sound of items entering one's inventory
From the previous snapshot