Java Edition 13w38a
(Redirected from 13w38a)
September 19, 2013
13w38a is the fifth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.7.2.
/setidletimeout <minutes until kick>to automatically kick idle players after some time.
- Multiplayer-only command, can be used only by server operators.
- Added <structure>.dat files in data folder for storing structure data.
- NBT structure consists of the individual parts of each structure, labeled "children," the chunk it originates in, a tag called BB, and an ID for what type of structure it is.
- The children tags have information on each part of the structure and the type of part it is
- Added the achievement "Diamonds to you!", which is obtained by throwing diamonds at another player.
- The sky near the horizon now darkens when the player has blocks between them and the sky.
- The greater the distance between the player and an area open to the sky, the darker the sky appears.
- Improved placing maps into Item frames.
- Reduced lag from the zombies.
- Improved achievements.
- When a player earns an achievement, it is now announced in chat.
- This can be disabled on servers in the server.properties.
- Super Secret Settings
- The button now applies different experimental shaders.
- List of available shaders: antialias, deconverge, outline, art, desaturate, pencil, bits, flip, phosphor, blobs, fxaa, scan_pincushion, blobs2, green, sobel, blur, invert, wobble, color_convolve, NTSC.
- Video Settings
- Render distance is now a slider ranging from 2 to 16 chunks.
- The sky is now visible on Short (4 chunks) render distance.
- The chunks can now render past 12 chunks.
- Max framerate is now a slider ranging from 10 to 250 fps, then unlimited.
- Added mipmapping, anisotropic filtering, and FSAA (as a shader).
- Mipmap levels setting is a slider ranging from off to 1 through 4.
- Anisotropic filtering can be disabled or set to 2, 4, 8 or 16.
- Post-Processing (shaders) can be toggled.
- They now display on the whole block.
- 6 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-28625 – The horse armor equip sound does not play when replacing it with already equipped armor.
- MC-31065 – Villages were not generating (snapshot 13w37b).
- From the 1.7.2 development versions
- MC-30483 – When the player sets their render distance to far it stays on normal.
- MC-30694 – Endermen stare sound still plays when the enemy mobs sound slider is at 0%.
- MC-30822 – Enchanted books with no metadata.
- MC-30858 – A player selector with only one matching player outputs as " and USERNAME .."
- 13w38a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.