Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
September 19, 2013
13w38a is the fifth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.7.2.
/setidletimeout <minutes until kick>to automatically kick idle players after some time.
- Multiplayer-only command, can be used only by server operators.
- Added <structure>.dat files in data folder for storing structure data.
- Contains .dat called Village.dat, Fortress.dat (Nether fortress), Temple.dat (Desert temple, jungle temple, and witch hut), Stronghold.dat, Mineshaft.dat, and others.
- NBT structure consists of the individual parts of each structure, labeled "children," the chunk it originates in, a tag called BB, and an ID for what type of structure it is.
- The children tags have information on each part of the structure and the type of part it is
- Added the achievement "Diamonds to you!", which is obtained by throwing diamonds at another player.
- The sky near the horizon now darkens when the player has blocks between them and the sky.
- The greater the distance between the player and an area open to the sky, the darker the sky appears.
- Improved placing maps into Item frames.
- Reduced lag from the zombies.
- Improved achievements.
- When a player earns an achievement, it is now announced in chat.
- This can be disabled on servers in the server.properties.
- Super Secret Settings
- The button now applies different experimental shaders.
- List of available shaders: antialias, deconverge, outline, art, desaturate, pencil, bits, flip, phosphor, blobs, fxaa, scan_pincushion, blobs2, green, sobel, blur, invert, wobble, color_convolve, NTSC.
- Video Settings
- Render distance is now a slider ranging from 2 to 16 chunks.
- The sky is now visible on Short (4 chunks) render distance.
- The chunks can now render past 12 chunks.
- Max framerate is now a slider ranging from 10 to 250 fps, then unlimited.
- Added mipmapping, anisotropic filtering, and FSAA (as a shader).
- Mipmap levels setting is a slider ranging from off to 1 through 4.
- Anisotropic filtering can be disabled or set to 2, 4, 8 or 16.
- Post-Processing (shaders) can be toggled.
- They now display on the whole block.
- 6 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-28625 – The horse armor equip sound does not play when replacing it with already equipped armor.
- MC-31065 – Villages were not generating (snapshot 13w37b).
- From the 1.7.2 development versions
- MC-30483 – When the player sets their render distance to far it stays on normal.
- MC-30694 – Enderman stare sound still plays when the enemy mobs sound slider is at 0%.
- MC-30822 – Enchanted books with no metadata.
- MC-30858 – A player selector with only one matching player outputs as " and USERNAME .."
- 13w38a was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.