Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
May 2, 2013
13w18a is the fourth snapshot released for 1.6.1.
- Added Block of Coal.
- Start of a new texture loading system.
- New "missing texture" texture.
- Added crafting recipes for leads and hay blocks.
- Hay blocks are crafted with wheat similarly to mineral blocks.
- Hay blocks cannot be crafted back into wheat.
- Added chest generation in Nether Fortresses.
- Chests generate in corners of interior corridors
- Locked Chests texture changed again.
- Tweaked horse equipment obtainability.
- Players can no longer craft horse armor.
- Horses now use the same saddle that pigs use.
- Saddles can now be found in most generated chests.
- Added horse armor to dungeons.
- Removed Horse Saddles.
- Normal saddles are now required to ride horses.
- Adjustments related to horses makes them more practical later in the game.
- Redstone Comparators now output a signal for cauldrons and end portal frames.
- Mechanic whereby zombies spawn more zombies adjusted to be subtle and not as easily visible to the player.
- Zombies spawn in dark areas far from the player or in caves.
- Carpets can now be placed on translucent blocks.
- Cocoa beans removed from dungeon chests.
From released versions before 1.6.1
- – Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space
- – Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else
- – Despawning cured zombie
- – Lava decay fails to schedule block update
- – Blocks stop updating one minute after entering the Nether or the End
From the 1.6.1 snapshots
- – You can pick up command blocks with any pickaxe
From the previous snapshot
- – Can't place carpet on translucent blocks