April 25, 2013
13w17a is the third snapshot released for Java Edition 1.6.1.
- Obtained by smelting a clay block.
- Added extra tooltip info in the search tab for the creative inventory.
- Crafting recipe now gives three carpet blocks.
- Now have a low chance to spawn more zombies when they take damage.
- This is an early version of the function; In the future, this will mainly apply to spawning zombies out of sight in enclosed spaces.
- No longer generate in deserts.
- Water lakes only generate on the edge of desert and desert hills biomes; lava lakes still will, however.
- Shows what category a block/item is in.
From released versions before 1.6.1
- – Jukebox audio volume doesn't decrease.
- – Tamed wolves and cats despawn.
- – Silverfish breaking blocks when "mobGriefing" is set to false.
- – Pick-block and furnaces bug.
- – Achievement "Hot Topic" uses faceless furnace icon.
- – Arrows visually float when shot into a block.
From the launcher
- – Launcher Beta - OS X with Retina Display is pixelated.
- – New Minecraft Launcher unable to play/download snapshot.
From the 1.6.1 snapshots
- – Custom language-pack removal.