From Minecraft Wiki
January 31, 2013
13w05a is the seventh snapshot released for 1.5.
- Fully implemented multiple snow heights
- Drops one snowball for every layer of snow
- Each level of snow has its own height collision
- The topmost layer of snow does not have collision, so the player is always slightly sunken in the snow
- Visually, four layers of snow is the same height as a slab. However, five layers of snow has the same collision height as a slab
- Crafting recipe is 3 snow blocks in a row to create 6 snow layers
- For each thin layer of snow crafted, the player loses exactly half the snowballs required to produce it
- Improved the scoreboard system
- Added team mechanics including custom name colors, friendly fire options and objective tracking per team instead of per player
- Added a new display type – displays value below nametags
- Added a new criterion – health, ranging from 0 to 20
- Increased beacon range
- Effects are infinite upwards with the beam.
- 1 layer: 41 blocks diameter (previously 33)
- 2 layers: 61 blocks (previously 49)
- 3 layers: 81 blocks (previously 65)
- 4 layers: 101 blocks (previously 81)
- Improved Stairs
- Improved lighting
- Stairs no longer prevent sprinting
- Rebalanced bonemeal
- Everything now usually takes 2–3 uses to fully grow, but it's random
- Now uses the 8s bit on block 149 to represent its powered state, rather than a separate block ID, 150. Block 150 is deprecated.
From released versions before 1.5
- – Spawn Protection not working properly.
/difficultycommand doesn’t produce any messages.
- – Hash size breaks redstone
- – Can't Sprint Going Up Stairs
- – SpawnPotentials list working incorrectly
- – URL parser does not detect 4 letter TLDs.
- – Wither doesn’t generate health when in minecart.
- – Gamerule doMobLoot doesn’t affect xp drops.
From the 1.5 snapshots
- – Comparator outputs “pulse” when side signal is on.
- – The delay of the comparator is inconsistent.
- – Comparators causes block updates while idle.
- – Comparator is miscounting Hopper's contents
- – Comparators trying to lock Repeaters even if their output is 0 (graphical)
- – SRV is no longer used to lookup servers.
- – High-res texture pack items have garbage on edges.
- – Mining activator rail isn’t boosted by pickaxe.
- – TNT defuses when travelling between dimensions.
From the previous snapshot
- – Scoreboard vanishes when changing dimensions.
- – Right-clicking with a helmet in hand crashes the game.
- – Dispenser will put on stacks of armor.
- – Scoreboard system doesn’t accept @a.
- – Giant Mushrooms still grow instantly from Bonemeal
- – Furnace Minecarts drop a Minecart and TNT.