The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 13w01a
January 3, 2013
13w01a is the first snapshot released for Java Edition 1.5, and the first snapshot released in 2013.
- Stores redstone dust similar to blocks of diamond, etc.
- Emits constant redstone power.
- Works as a pushable redstone power source.
- Output power while receiving sunlight.
- The level varies depending on the time (more sunlight=more redstone power), and it does not function at night.
- Places and takes out items in hoppers, chests, furnaces, minecarts with chests, dispensers, and brewing stands.
- Allows for the automation of many processes.
- Still a work in progress (as indicated by the inventory icon ).
- New ore exclusive to the Nether.
- Drops 1 nether quartz item when mined.
- Generates around netherrack.
- Has 2 inputs and 1 output.
- If A≥B, the output will be A, otherwise it will stay off – When the comparator is toggled, it will output full strength instead of A it will subtract B from A and need a comparator as input for B.
- Replacement for the capacitor.
- Whichever side gives the bigger signal will be considered signal B.
- Gives out a signal depending on the amount of players looking inside. 1 person = 1 strength signal, 2 people = 2, etc.
- Crafted with a chest and a tripwire hook.
- Large trapped chests can be staggered with large chests to allow more compact storage.
- Texture is slightly different than a normal chest, with a red stain around the latch.
- Detects item stacks.
- Gold version reaches full strength at 60 items.
- Iron version reaches full strength at 600 items.
- Linear, so 10 strength signal means twice as many items as a 5 strength signal.
- Used for crafting nether bricks.
- Obtained by smelting netherrack.
- Crafting recipe is 2×2 nether bricks.
- Item dropped from nether quartz ore.
- Are more stable from previous versions.
- Are now more consistent.
- Now shows the item name in-game.
- Now show the weapon someone was killed with.
- Inventory management
- Double-click items to fill the stack up as much as possible.
- Drag item stacks around to divide them up over the dragged-over slots.
- Drag item stacks around with the right mouse button to place one of that stack in each dragged-over slot, if that slot is not occupied already.
- Shift double-click an item stack to move all other item stacks of that kind to that part of the inventory.
- Press Q while the mouse is over an item in the inventory or a container to drop it.
From released versions before 1.5
- – Clocked piston arm turns invisible when exiting game/dying/etc.
- – (Powered) redstone doesn't update right.