We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
January 3, 2013
13w01a is the first snapshot released for 1.5, and the first snapshot released in 2013.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Added the redstone comparator
- Has 2 inputs and 1 output
- If A≥B, the output will be A, otherwise it will stay off – When the comparator is toggled, it will output full strength instead of A it will subtract B from A and need a comparator as input for B
- Replacement for the capacitor
- Whichever side gives the bigger signal will be considered signal B
- Added the daylight sensor block
- Output power while receiving sunlight
- The level varies depending on the time zone, and it does not function at night
- Added a hopper block
- Added a trapped chest that activates redstone
- Gives out a signal depending on the amount of players looking inside. 1 person = 1 strength signal, 2 people = 2, etc.
- Crafted with a chest and a tripwire hook.
- Large trapped chests can be staggered with large chests to allow more compact storage.
- Texture is slightly different than a normal chest, with a red stain around the latch.
- Added weighted pressure plates that detects item stacks
- Gold version reaches full strength at 60 items.
- Iron version reaches full strength at 600 items.
- Linear, so 10 strength signal means twice as many items as a 5 strength signal
- Added block of redstone
- Stores redstone dust similar to blocks of diamond, etc.
- Emits constant redstone power
- Works as pushable redstone power source
- Added a new nether quartz ore to the Nether
- Drops 1 nether quartz item when mined
- Generates around netherrack in the Nether
- Added a nether brick item for crafting nether brick blocks
- Obtained by smelting netherrack
- Crafting recipe is 2×2 nether bricks
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Death messages now show the weapon someone was killed with
- Redstones circuits are more consistent and pistons should be more stable
- Inventory management changes
- Double-click items to fill the stack up as much as possible
- Drag item stacks around to divide them up over the dragged-over slots
- Drag item stacks around with the right mouse button to place one of that stack in each dragged-over slot, if that slot is not occupied already
- Shift double click an item stack to move all other item stacks of that kind to that part of the inventory
- Press Q while the mouse is over an item in the inventory or a container to drop it
- The texture for the locked chest block has been changed
- Now shows the item name in game
Fixes[edit | edit source]
From released versions before 1.5
- MC-177 – Clocked piston arm turns invisible when exiting game/dying/etc.
- MC-184 – (Powered) redstone doesn't update right