From Minecraft Wiki
January 3, 2013
13w01a is the first snapshot released for 1.5, and the first snapshot released in 2013.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Added the redstone comparator
- Has 2 inputs and 1 output
- If A≥B, the output will be A, otherwise it will stay off – When the comparator is toggled, it will output full strength instead of A it will subtract B from A and need a comparator as input for B
- Replacement for the capacitor
- Whichever side gives the bigger signal will be considered signal B
- Added the daylight sensor block
- Output power while receiving sunlight
- The level varies depending on the time zone, and it does not function at night
- Added a hopper block
- Added a trapped chest that activates redstone
- Gives out a signal depending on the amount of players looking inside. 1 person = 1 strength signal, 2 people = 2, etc.
- Crafted with a chest and a tripwire hook.
- Large trapped chests can be staggered with large chests to allow more compact storage.
- Texture is slightly different than a normal chest, with a red stain around the latch.
- Added weighted pressure plates that detects item stacks
- Gold version reaches full strength at 60 items.
- Iron version reaches full strength at 600 items.
- Linear, so 10 strength signal means twice as many items as a 5 strength signal
- Added block of redstone
- Stores redstone dust similar to blocks of diamond, etc.
- Emits constant redstone power
- Works as pushable redstone power source
- Added a new nether quartz ore to the Nether
- Drops 1 nether quartz item when mined
- Generates around netherrack in the Nether
- Added a nether brick item for crafting nether brick blocks
- Obtained by smelting netherrack
- Crafting recipe is 2×2 nether bricks
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Death messages now show the weapon someone was killed with
- Redstones circuits are more consistent and pistons should be more stable
- Inventory management changes
- Double-click items to fill the stack up as much as possible
- Drag item stacks around to divide them up over the dragged-over slots
- Drag item stacks around with the right mouse button to place one of that stack in each dragged-over slot, if that slot is not occupied already
- Shift double click an item stack to move all other item stacks of that kind to that part of the inventory
- Press Q while the mouse is over an item in the inventory or a container to drop it
- The texture for the locked chest block has been changed
- Now shows the item name in game
Fixes[edit | edit source]
From released versions before 1.5
- MC-177 – Clocked piston arm turns invisible when exiting game/dying/etc.
- MC-184 – (Powered) redstone doesn't update right
References[edit | edit source]