Java Edition 12w50a
(Redirected from 12w50a)
December 13, 2012
12w50a is the second snapshot released for 1.4.6.
- Added 3 new textures:
- xmaschest.png changes the chest texture to resemble a red gift.
- largexmaschest.png changes the large chest texture to resemble a green gift.
- skis.png is unused, dummy file. Dinnerbone said he added this file as a red herring.
- Chest will use these textures on December 25
- Can be harvested utilizing Silk Touch shears.
- Added tool highlight when switching items in the hotbar
- Renamed items will display the changed name
- To disable it, open options.txt and change
- Added Enchanted Books through villager trading.
- Added Thorns enchantment for armor.
- When hit by a mob, the mob will receive damage.
- Item entities are rendered as 3D objects in the world when in Fancy graphics mode.
- This includes items placed in Item Frames.
- Items now show their enchantments when dropped on the ground.
- Tweaked the effect the item gives and sounds.
- Removed Firework Rocket in Creative inventory.
- Protection enchantment is no longer as effective as all the other Protection enchantments combined.
- Unbreaking enchantment can be applied to anything with durability using Enchanted Books.
- Pressing CTRL+Q by default (Or your "Drop" button if changed in controls), the player drops a full stack instead of one item.
- Added a notice/warning for users still playing on PowerPCs or Java 5 (Java 1.5)
From released versions before 1.4.6
- – Graphical issue with trading.
- – Item textures of Spawn Eggs and Firework Stars not aligned properly when stacked.
- – Items different only in damage cannot be swapped.
- – Z-Fighting in Beacon Block bottom.
- – Placing double slabs ignore damage values.
- – minecarts cant travel through nether portals.
- – Lightning doesn't flash.
- – Beacon tiers don't work at y=0.
- – Enchantment not showing in item frame.
From the previous snapshot
- – Firework star duplication glitch.
- – Deaths not logged to console.
- – The Nether and The End generating random blocks clientside in multiplayer.
- – Enchanted Books: Unenchantable item can receive any enchantment.
- – Fallingsand spawners failing to save properly, and causing crashes.