The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w49a
(Redirected from 12w49a)
December 7, 2012
- New kind of slab.
- Made by using 3 nether brick blocks in a horizontal line.
- Came from a suggestion at Minecon 2012.
- Used for enchanting items.
- In this snapshot due to a bug, any item could be given any enchantment in survival mode using an anvil.
- New kind of shootable projectible.
- Sound effects will come soon.
- Fireworks are customizable by crafting
- Used for crafting firework rockets.
- When holding sneak, the player can place blocks and items (like redstone, repeaters, and levers) directly onto blocks such as crafting tables, furnaces, and dispensers.
- 16 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.4.6
- MC-96 – using the number keys to move an item out of a furnace does not give XP.
- MC-256 – Mobs can still revert farmland to dirt even if mobGriefing gamerule is set on false.
- MC-498 – Setting an enderman on fire with flint and steel, or lava, will not make it teleport away.
- MC-721 – Animals on fire do not flee.
- MC-1140 – Boats always get placed in the same direction and not based on how they get placed.
- MC-1240 – Endermen cannot dodge flame arrow. When the arrow is shot the Enderman moves out of the way but is still set on fire.
- MC-1311 – When entering the Nether, the game auto-selects the first item on the toolbar.
- MC-1847 – Leaves have the incorrect tool tip.
- MC-2145 – "Drowning" in Creative mode.
- MC-2504 – Enchant command cannot enchant with ID 0 (Protection).
- MC-3332 – The XP level-up sound, which appears every 5 levels, does not play.
- MC-3490 – Minecarts and falling entities flicker.
- MC-3501 – Passive mob spawn eggs are not consumed upon use.
- MC-3565 – Endermen do not open their mouth when attacked by other mobs.
- MC-4069 – Pressing F3+B displays hitboxes rendering invisibility potions useless.
- MC-4117 – The wither can sometimes destroy its own star due to the posthumous detonation of wither skulls.