The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w40a
October 4, 2012
- New generated structure.
- Located in swamp biomes.
- Spawns witches.
- NBT tags
- Custom items can now be named using NBT tags (intended for custom map makers).
- Using the NBT, it is possible to add custom names to items, as well as a lore list for that item.
- Added superflat preset "Redstone Ready" with 52 layers of sandstone, 3 layers of stone and 1 layer of bedrock.
- Texture has been altered.
- Beam texture has also been changed.
- Spreading has been nerfed to prevent infinitely spreading fires.
- Can now be used in superflat worlds, if the stronghold generation is enabled.
- Now spawns in Swamp biomes at low light level.
- Better management.
- The pick block action now works on blocks that are represented as items in the inventory (E.g.: repeaters, redstone dust, and tripwire).
- Pressing the 1-9 hotkeys while hovering over an item will put that item into the inventory bar.
- In creative mode, players can now shift-click items from the hotbar to the survival inventory screen.
- The left-click action will no longer open doors, pull levers, push buttons or open trapdoors.
- Flatworld configuration now allows the player to generate trees, strongholds etc.
- Now pumpkins, tall grass, flowers, trees, mineshafts, dungeons, strongholds, lakes, desert wells, ravines and ores will spawn on superflat maps.
13 bugs fixed
- Fixed the wither's starting explosion not being disabled by the mobGriefing gamerule
- Fixed a few crash bugs related to world generation, map item expansion, and other things.
- Reverted previous lighting changes, which corrected such bugs as:
- The Nether being extremely CPU intensive.
- Map generation taking extremely long.
- Fixed mob AI considering cobblestone walls as blocks of normal height.
- Fixed a few texture oddities with the witch.
- Fixed entities in water producing glitchy water sound.
- Gaining multiple levels at a time will no longer play the leveling up sound over itself as many times as leveled.
- Fixed the "A 64 bit Java installation is recommended for 'Far' render distance (you have 32 bit)" message being covered by the bottom 2 buttons.
- Fixed pets teleporting around randomly.
- Fixed being unable to place paintings larger than 1x2 and them popping off if they have been placed before.
- Fixed destroying blocks under you with Efficiency-enchanted gear.
- Fixed potion spawners crashing the game.