Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
October 4, 2012
12w40a is the tenth snapshot released for 1.4.2.
- Added swamp hut structures, for witches to spawn in.
- Added superflat preset "Redstone Ready" with 52 layers of sandstone, 3 layers of stone and 1 layer of bedrock.
- Custom Item naming NBT tags (intended for custom map makers).
- Using the NBT, it is possible to add custom names to items, as well as a lore list for that item.
- Flatworld configuration now allows you to generate trees, strongholds etc.
- Better inventory management
- The pick block action now works on blocks that are represented as items in the inventory (E.g.: repeaters, redstone dust, tripwire).
- Pressing the 1-9 hotkeys while hovering over an item will put that item into the inventory bar.
- In creative mode, you can now shift-click items from the hotbar to the survival inventory screen.
- The left-click action will no longer open doors, pull levers, push buttons or open trapdoors. Use the right mouse button!
- Firespread has been slightly nerfed again to prevent infinitely spreading fires.
- Beacon texture altered, as well as the beam.
- Eye of ender can now be used in superflat worlds (only if stronghold generation is enabled).
- Slimes now spawn in swamp biomes at low light level.
13 bugs fixed
- Fixed the wither's starting explosion not being disabled by the mobGriefing gamerule
- Fixed a few crash bugs related to world generation, map item expansion, and other things.
- Reverted previous lighting changes, which corrected such bugs as:
- The Nether being extremely CPU intensive.
- Map generation taking extremely long.
- Fixed mob AI considering cobblestone walls as blocks of normal height.
- Fixed a few texture oddities with the witch.
- Fixed entities in water producing glitchy water sound.
- Gaining multiple levels at a time will no longer play the leveling up sound over itself as many times as leveled.
- Fixed the "A 64 bit Java installation is recommended for 'Far' render distance (you have 32 bit)" message being covered by the bottom 2 buttons.
- Fixed pets teleporting around randomly
- Fixed being unable to place paintings larger than 1x2 and them popping off if they have been placed before
- Fixed destroying blocks under you with Efficiency-enchanted gear
- Fixed potion spawners crashing the game