From Minecraft Wiki
September 20, 2012
12w38a is the sixth snapshot released for 1.4.2.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Added bats
- Added a hostile mob (witch).
- Its nose slowly bobs up and down when not hostile.
- Throws splash potions of poison, slowness, weakness and instant damage at you.
- Regenerates health over time.
- Hold an empty bottle and raise their noses when attacking.
- Drink potions of instant health and fire resistance to defend themselves in combat.
- Rarely drop potions of instant health and fire resistance.
- Is 85% resistant to damage from magic, including poison, instant damage, and thorns, but not strength, sharpness or power.
- Does not spawn naturally (yet), but a spawn egg exists for it in Creative mode.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Nether loads faster when going through a portal.
- In Creative mode, teleportation is instantaneous.
- The water overlay is more saturated blue.
- Updated and added new sounds by C418.
- New footstep sounds: sand, gravel, soul sand, grass block, ladders, snow, and stone.
- New block-placing sounds: wood, stone, plants, sand, gravel and torch. New sounds are unintended and are the same as in the Pocket Edition.
- New block breaking sounds: wood, snow, glass.
- New mob sounds: cow, chickens, pigs, Enderman (watched/observed, attacked, etc.), zombie, spiders, skeleton, and slime.
- New tool sounds: flint and steel, shears (when shearing sheep) and hoe when you till dirt.
- Lava and flowing water now have constant noise.
- Added level up sound, but will be changed later for a shorter one.
- Added sound when Withers break blocks.
- Command block target parameters have been upgraded.
- Beacon artwork was changed.
- The beam of light was changed.
- The texture of bedrock under the beacon is removed.
- Wood blocks have a different rotation algorithm. Instead of using the player’s position, they rotate based on the face they are placed upon, like a lever (this is mainly a test).
- Stone monster egg blocks (which spawn silverfish) will rarely generate underground in extreme hills biomes.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
4 bugs fixed
- Item frames no longer despawn when the player moves 20 blocks away.
- Fixed entities losing momentum when going through portals.
- Fixed the "Bottomless Pit" superflat preset having the wrong blocks.
- Fixed not receiving a fishing rod when the carrot on a stick is used up.