We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
August 23, 2012
12w34a is the second snapshot released for 1.4.2.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Added item frames.
- Crafted like a painting but with leather instead of wool.
- Added cobblestone wall and mossy cobblestone wall.
- Added flower pot.
- Added carrots and Golden carrots
- Added potatoes, Baked potatoes and Poisonous potatoes
- Carrots and potatoes can be planted in tilled soil.
- Zombies have a chance to drop a carrots and potatoes.
- Only available through external modification such as editing mob spawners, mods, or hacks. It shoots exploding projectiles called Wither Skulls and destroys nearby blocks. It also has a boss health bar.
- Added potion of night vision.
- Added potion of invisibility.
- Potion of invisibility is brewed by adding a fermented spider eye to a potion of night vision.
- Mobs do not attack you until you bump into them.
- Potion also hides the player's name tag.
- Added new Full-screen toggle to the Video Settings.
- Added new use Vsync toggle in the Video Settings.
- Added an unused texture in gui/items.png.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps.
- A compass and paper do now create an empty map
- An empty map has no data on it until you right click with it. The point on your world where you right clicked it is the map's center
- A map (with data) can be cloned. Cloned maps are stackable
- Maps can be zoomed out (but not zoomed in)
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback.
- Leather armor can be dyed.
- The default color of leather has changed.
- You can right-click a full cauldron with dyed armor to remove dye.
- Tamed wolves' collars can be dyed.
- The f: item on the F3 debug screen now shows the exact direction the player is looking, between -180 and 180 degrees from south.
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (mainly for debugging).
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging).
- Fire spreads differently based on difficulty.
- Mob grinders now give less XP when you farm them continuously.
- Saplings now have a smaller hitbox.
- Mobs (and all other entities) can travel through portals.
- Fire charges shot from a dispenser or a Blaze create the "fireball" sound effect.
- Removed the “Work in Progress block” from the Creative menu.
- The particle effect when a trade with a Villager has been successful has changed.
- Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim).
- TNT will ignite if shot by a flaming arrow.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed zombies not burning in the sun.
- Fixed graphical glitch with chests and Ender Chests.
- Fixed crash bug with beacon blocks.