From Minecraft Wiki
August 23, 2012
12w34a is the second snapshot released for 1.4.2.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Added item frames.
- Crafted like a painting but with leather instead of wool.
- Added cobblestone wall and mossy cobblestone wall.
- Added flower pot.
- Added carrots and Golden carrots
- Added potatoes, Baked potatoes and Poisonous potatoes
- Carrots and potatoes can be planted in tilled soil.
- Zombies have a chance to drop a carrots and potatoes.
- Only available through external modification such as editing mob spawners, mods, or hacks. It shoots exploding projectiles called Wither Skulls and destroys nearby blocks. It also has a boss health bar.
- Added potion of night vision.
- Added potion of invisibility.
- Potion of invisibility is brewed by adding a fermented spider eye to a potion of night vision.
- Mobs do not attack you until you bump into them.
- Potion also hides the player's name tag.
- Added new Full-screen toggle to the Video
- Added new use Vsync toggle in the Video Settings.
- Added an unused texture in gui/items.png.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps.
- A compass and paper do now create an empty map
- An empty map has no data on it until you right click on it. The point on your world where you right clicked it is the map's center
- A map (with data) can be cloned. Cloned maps are stackable
- Maps can be zoomed out (but not zoomed in)
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback.
- Leather armor can be dyed.
- The default color of leather has changed.
- You can right-click a full cauldron with dyed armor to remove dye.
- Tamed wolves' collars can be dyed.
- The f: item on the F3 debug screen now shows the exact direction the player is looking, between -180 and 180 degrees from south.
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (mainly for debugging).
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging).
- Fire spreads differently based on difficulty.
- Mob grinders now give less XP when you farm them continuously.
- Saplings now have a smaller hitbox.
- Mobs (and all other entities) can travel through portals.
- Fire charges shot from a dispenser or a Blaze create the "fireball" sound effect.
- Removed the “Work in Progress block” from the Creative menu.
- The particle effect when a trade with a Villager has been successful has changed.
- Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim).
Fixes[edit | edit source]
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed zombies not burning in the sun.
- Fixed graphical glitch with chests and Ender Chests.
- Fixed crash bug with beacon blocks.