July 5, 2012
12w27a is the fourteenth snapshot released for 1.3.1.
- Starts/stops debug profiling.
- Updated pistons to make them less error-prone, thus they also appear to update slower.
- This also altered the way pistons work, so the player might have to adapt their repeater delays and similar.
- For this change, pistons now take 2 redstone ticks (4 game ticks) to expand, but they still retract instantly.
- Signs are stackable up to 16.
- Crafting them now gives 3 signs instead of 1 with the same recipe.
- Boats now drop the boat item when destroyed by a player.
- Gaining experience from mining ore is now different for each type of ore (mining coal ore will give the player the least amount while diamond ore & emerald ore will give the most amount of XP).
13 bugs fixed
- Newly added wooden stairs will now burn.
- Fixed powering specific glitched pistons crashing the game.
- Fixed a visual bug causing pistons to be partially invisible or in the wrong location momentarily.
- Fixed being able to place portals in the Nether in locations where they would end up in illegal locations in the overworld.
- Fixed the game crashing when publishing SP worlds with certain language settings.
- Fixed players on minecarts, boats or pigs and spider jockeys not being displayed in the correct location.
- Fixed a bug with dispensers.
/saynot accepting some strings form the console, often triggering the help dialogue.
- Fixed being able to transmute blocks to certain data values using an orientation-dependent tripwire bug.
- Fixed drinking potions in creative not consuming the potions, but still giving empty bottles.
- Fixed signs sometimes not saving the text when placing them.
- Fixed torches at the top of 1x1 vertical shafts not lighting up their own block.