June 7, 2012
12w23a is the ninth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1.
- Stairs now have the correct hitbox.
- Tripwire is now activated by most entities, including arrows (but not an eye of ender or a bottle o' enchanting).
- The max distance has been increased to 40 blocks.
- Wooden pressure plates detect arrows.
- Boats can now accelerate to faster than previous speeds.
- Boats are now easier to control.
- Enchantment levels are slightly exponential again.
- It now takes 825 experience to reach level 30.
- The first 16 levels are linear, while level 17+ require more points per level to the maximum level of 30 (although one can still have more than 30 XP levels to spend).
- Texture packs that are in folders and not in a zip file are recognized as a texture pack.
- Texture pack image is displayed for folder-based texture packs.
- Pressing F no longer reloads chunks.
7 bugs fixed
- Fixed a bug when pistons pushed a wire.
- Villagers procreate again.
- Weather transitions are back.
- Slime and magma cube jumping animations have been fixed.
- Armor and tool enchantments now show to other players on multiplayer.
- Players are now able to skip the End credits again.
- Pumpkins now face the correct direction on the player's head.