The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 12w23a
June 7, 2012
12w23a is the ninth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.3.1.
- Stairs now have the correct hitbox.
- Tripwire is now activated by most entities, including arrows (but not an eye of ender or a bottle o' enchanting).
- The max distance has been increased to 40 blocks.
- Wooden pressure plates detect arrows.
- Boats can now accelerate to faster than previous speeds.
- Boats are now easier to control.
- Enchantment levels are slightly exponential again.
- It now takes 825 experience to reach level 30.
- The first 16 levels are linear, while level 17+ require more points per level to the maximum level of 30 (although one can still have more than 30 XP levels to spend).
- Texture packs that are in folders and not in a zip file are recognized as a texture pack.
- Texture pack image is displayed for folder-based texture packs.
- Pressing F no longer reloads chunks.
7 bugs fixed
- Fixed a bug when pistons pushed a wire.
- Villagers procreate again.
- Weather transitions are back.
- Slime and magma cube jumping animations have been fixed.
- Armor and tool enchantments now show to other players on multiplayer.
- Players are now able to skip the End credits again.
- Pumpkins now face the correct direction on the player's head.