February 9, 2012
12w06a is the fifth snapshot released for Java Edition 1.2.1.
- Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double doors in existing maps will need to be updated.
- Placing two pressure plates directly in front of doors and stepping on them will open them correctly.
- When stepping on a single pressure plate only the door on that side will open.
- When stepping on both pressure plates both doors will open.
- Can now be placed over glowstone.
- Added rare item drops for mobs.
- Better movement for mobs in water.
- Most mobs move slower.
- When a player is targeted by a hostile mob, it will continue to track the player despite being attacked by other mobs.
- Now swim extremely fast with the water stream towards the player, but seem to be almost not moving against the water stream
- Now takes damage from rain and water.
- AI has been improved.
- Now socialize with each other and passive mobs.
- Will go inside shelter when it's raining.
- Will run away from zombies.
- AI has been improved
- On hard difficulty and Hardcore, zombies break down wooden doors.
- On normal and easy difficulty, zombies attack but will not break down wood doors.
- Will now chase and attack villagers.
- Will now attack doors when attempting to escape sunlight.
- Zombies have a rare chance to drop an iron ingot, iron helmet, iron shovel, or iron sword.
- have a rare chance to drop golden armor, a gold ingot, a golden sword, or an enchanted golden sword.
- Now will swim fast in water
- Debug keys
- Pressing F1 to hide the HUD additionally disables hitbox outlines on blocks and the block breaking animation.
5 bugs fixed
- Creepers no longer explode after death.
- Villagers can no longer open iron doors.
- Ocelots, zombies, wolves, and skeletons no longer spin in circles on non-full-height blocks.
- Cobwebs will prevent the player from receiving fall damage.
- Monster spawners now show correct mobs in multiplayer.