Java Edition 12w01a
January 5, 2012
12w01a is the fifth and final snapshot for Java Edition 1.1, released on January 5, 2012, which added beaches and the Superflat world type as well as more language translations. It is the first snapshot released on 2012.
- Re-added beaches after being removed in Beta 1.8.
- Re-added world types after being removed in Infdev.
- Added World Type selection in the options menu.
- Currently the only types are Default and Superflat.
- Language Files
- Added 18 new translations.
- Removed 4 translations.
- Updated the fence gate collision and hit box to align with fences.
- Removed collision box from ladders, meaning they are no longer solid and cannot be stood on.
- Reordered spawn eggs in the creative inventory.
- Changed spawn eggs colors to better represent their respective mobs they spawn.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes.
- Added proper color transitions for the darkened swamp biomes into other biomes.
- Changed biomes to be slightly more varied, examples of which being hills in forests and deserts.
- A single chest is generated in each blacksmith building.
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds.
- Decreased randomness of enchantment tables.
- Minecraft Snapshot 12w01a – Mojang.com, January 5, 2012