January 5, 2012
12w01a is the fifth snapshot released for 1.1, and the first snapshot released in 2012.
- Re-added Beaches after being removed in Beta 1.8
- Completely flat world composed of grass blocks, dirt, and bedrock, also generates villages.
- Added World Type selection in options menu, currently only Default and Superflat.
- Re-added World type after being removed in Infdev.
- Language Files
- Added 18 new translations.
- Removed 4 translations.
- Updated the fence gate collision and hit boxes to align with fences.
- Removed collision box from ladders, meaning they are no longer solid and cannot be stood on.
- Changed spawn eggs colors to better represent their respective mobs they spawn.
- Spawn eggs also reordered in the Creative Inventory.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes.
- Added proper color transitions for the darkened swamp biomes into other biomes.
- Changed biomes to be slightly more varied, examples of which being hills in forests and deserts.
- A single chest is generated in each blacksmith building.
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds.
- Decreased randomness of enchantment tables.