The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.RV-Pre1
March 31, 2016
|This article documents an April Fools' joke.|
There is no actual 1.RV version of Minecraft in development.
1.RV-Pre1 is an April Fools' joke pre-release, supposedly the first and only pre-release for 1.RV, also known as the Trendy Update. Mojang Studios and Mojang released the hoax announcement for the update and its pre-release on March 31, 2016.
- Functions the same as a redstone block, emitting a redstone signal with strength 15.
- Can be used as a decoration block.
- Equipped via the helmet armor slot.
- When equipped, it shows a 3D minimap.
- Displays vision overlay (similar to the pumpkin overlay).
- Activates a shader when equipped.
- Signs display the text "OBEY" while glasses are equipped, a reference to the movie They Live.
- Equipped via the boots armor slot.
- When equipped in Survival mode, they can't be taken off.
- Can be taken off in Creative mode.
- Gives the player Slowness I effect when equipped.
- Will display several messages if the wearer is far from the world spawn point or in another dimension.
- Stackable up to 64.
- Equipped on the off-hand slot.
- Shows the time above the hotbar where item tooltips are shown in human readable format (18:00, and 22:00 for example).
- Push notifications in the chat whenever a statistic reaches a significant milestone.
- Stackable up to 64.
- Zombies and Skeletons now have a chance of being equipped with any of the 3 equipment items added.
- Signs have a different unique texture.
- Sign text is now green.
- Signs read "OBEY" while reality shades are equipped. This is a reference to the movie They Live.
- Sounds are saved in
sound_nameis replaced with the actual name of the sound, for example
- The update was released before April 1st by the developers.
- The overlay for the reality vision in the assets folder,
cantseeshitcaptain.png, is a reference to a popular meme from the TV show Star Trek.
- The shader for the reality vision can be disabled by using F4.
- This version was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.