The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition 1.8.9
December 9, 2015
- Added a Realms Notifications toggle to the Options menu, toggleable to ON and OFF.
- Will now change their texture when the computer time is set to the 24th to 26th of December to suit Christmas.
- Better Realms integration.
- New buttons to configure/leave realms without having to select them first.
- 13 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-2324 – Player trapped/cannot get out of flowing water
- MC-17595 – Villages still spawn when "village" is not in the preset
- MC-31577 – Some arrows shot into a block never despawn
- MC-33265 – Words are divided in chat.
- MC-36260 – Nonstandard parts of nonstandard character skin still show with invisibility potion.
- MC-42150 – Christmas trapped chests do not have texture of presents
- MC-47726 – Block breaking animation may occasionally change to a weird color
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-57016 – Water and lava glitches and shows blocks as if air
- MC-72469 – Fence gate smooth lighting inconsistent
- From the current version, hotfixed
- MC-94199 – Realms crash when using arrow keys on advertisement page.
- MC-94467 – When closing a world on Realms, the world remains on closing and players could not switch to the same world or another world.
- MC-94651 – Ampersand will trim realm name and description.
- MC-94820 – Realms:
an error occurred (401): invalid session id.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Despite this version having less features and being unsupported (like Java Edition 1.7.10), it is still popular among minigame players and plugin servers, due to a common dislike of 1.9 features such as the Combat Update's changes to PvP.
- This was the last release to be compatible with a previous server version.
- This version was released on the same day as 15w50a.