From Minecraft Wiki
November 6, 2014
- Many optimizations.
- Off/fancy/fast clouds.
- Off/on entity shadows.
- Fast/fancy now only controls leaves and rain particles.
- Dropped items
- On fast graphics, they now rotate.
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8.1
- MC-349 – Villagers ignore data tags in trading
- MC-954 – Air Blocks floating in Water
- MC-1237 – Anvil GUI truncating long item names and showing garbage at the end
- MC-25646 – Music keeps playing when putting in a disc in a jukebox and breaking it at the same time
- MC-38372 – Sprint glitch
- MC-58568 – Item frames with items in them do not frustum culling properly causing sevre FPS lag
- MC-59226 – 3D-dropped items not spinning
- MC-61587 –
- MC-70472 – Crash when trying to connect to a server with more than 73 characters address
- MC-72688 –
/executeDetect gives false positive when in different dimension
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-55767 – Unable to hide Wither Skull names
- From the 1.8.1 development versions
- MC-73147 – Can't place blocks in certain areas at certain angles