Java Edition 1.8.1
(Redirected from 1.8.1)
November 24, 2014
|Other editions of 1.8.1|
- Added proper color display support for the new blocks.
doEntityDrops- Works like
doMobDropsbut applies to non-mob entities (minecarts, paintings, etc.) instead.
- Now rotate on fast graphics.
- Can now be extended with redstone.
- No longer run from creepers that are about to explode.
- Newly generated witch huts can spawn witches on Y 64 to 71.
- This allows for three spawning floors in witch farms.
doTileDropsno longer affects entities.
- Renamed "Multiplayer Settings" to "Chat Settings".
- Off/fancy/fast clouds.
- Off/on entity shadows.
- Fast/fancy now only controls leaves and rain particles.
- Various improvements.
- Many optimizations.
|This section may need cleanup to comply with the style guide. Please help us clean up this page if you can. The specific instructions are:|
Out of order
- 131 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-3 – Player facing changes when passing through nether portals in certain cases.
- MC-349 – Villagers ignore data tags in trading.
- MC-954 – Air blocks floating in water.
- MC-1279 – Slow (choppy) rotating beacon block.
- MC-1607 – Ghost end portal in the End/missing layer with AMD/ATI graphics cards.
- MC-3448 – Statistic screen icons messed up.
- MC-4158 – Nether portal sometimes places player a fraction of a block in the air.
- MC-4167 – EXP orbs will switch locations after a second or so from killing a mob.
- MC-6261 – Brewing stand doesn't drop custom potions.
- MC-6594 – Non-living entities (boats, minecarts, falling sand, item frames, paintings) drop items even if
doTileDropsis set to false.
- MC-10808 – Sprinting and breaking particles of piston arms use same particles as piston even though there is no stone on the arms.
- MC-12013 – Experience orbs are invisible for one second right after spawning.
- MC-25646 – Music keeps playing when putting in a disc in a jukebox and breaking it at the same time.
- MC-37782 – Items held by witches are too small and held wrongly.
- MC-38372 – Sprint glitch.
- MC-45537 – Cannot place buttons under stairs or slabs, or on top of upside down stairs or slabs.
- MC-46579 – Items are too high up on the arm in 3rd person mode while sneaking.
- MC-47052 – Wither destroying barrier block.
- MC-48011 – Ender dragon experience drops are not affected by
- MC-48130 –
/fillreplace command not filling when clicking tab.
- MC-49126 – Glowstone crystal formations are missing their bottom layers.
- MC-49538 – Achievement "Overpowered" has misleading icon.
- MC-50263 – Lighting bug affecting End portal frames with eye.
- MC-52717 – Placing heads/skulls break existing blocks.
- MC-53718 – Chicken jockey riding inside chicken.
- MC-54551 – Resizing window while in Customized World Settings snaps back to Customized Settings page 1.
- MC-54707 – Command:
/setblock minecraft:signproduces a confusing error message.
- MC-55661 – Animals don't teleport to player when target is air block.
- MC-56574 –
/tellraw open_urlisn't showing url.
- MC-57633 – Minecraft crashes when specific command is used.
- MC-58307 – Air bubbles appear after drowning and still dead.
- MC-58568 – Item frames with items in them do not frustum culling properly causing severe FPS lag.
- MC-59216 – Unable to build iron golem and snow golem with jack o'lantern.
- MC-59358 – "
/spawnpoint <player>" (without coordinates) is not working.
- MC-59360 – Levers pop off non-solid blocks.
- MC-61587 –
- MC-61640 – Snow layers can't be placed on top of another full snow layer block.
- MC-61653 – Mojang's API for retrieving players from UUIDs isn't working consistently.
- MC-62140 – 2 block tall flowers generated in previous version removes the 2nd block.
- MC-62206 – barrier block can cause mobs to get stuck and suffocate to death.
- MC-62758 – Tall flowers drop two items when block below is broken.
- MC-63466 – Ctrl +Pick Block gives a steve head instead of a head with the owner's skin.
- MC-64082 – Enchantment options for individual players are reset after death.
KeepInventorydoes not have any effect.
- MC-64427 –
/debugwith invalid arguments don't print an error message.
- MC-64484 – Fire charge plays no sound due to incorrect sound file reference.
- MC-64653 –
/executeparticle leaves a false particle trail to 0,0,0.
- MC-64773 –
- MC-64846 – Cannot extend potion of leaping to eight minutes using redstone in a brewing stand.
- MC-65603 – Ender dragon does not obey
- MC-65834 – Snow layers placed against the side of a block are placed one block too far out.
- MC-65945 – Enderman blocks look weird when invisible.
- MC-66324 –
/clonehas incomplete syntax.
- MC-66658 –
/killdoes not tab autocomplete with a player's name.
- MC-66786 – Incorrect death message for dispensed harming potions.
- MC-66861 – when press Tab ↹ on
/entitydata, players pop up.
- MC-66922 – <effect> argument in
/effectdoes not show clear in help syntax.
- MC-67437 – Lightning gives AI to witches and zombie pigman that were originally pigs and villagers that had
NoAIset to 1.
- MC-68160 – Placing a colored banner on a cactus drops a black banner.
- MC-68247 – Beacon beam disappears while looking upwards from it.
- MC-68400 – Creative Inventory vert. scrollbar changes without scrolling.
- MC-68497 – Cut/Copy function updates clipboard even if nothing is selected.
- MC-68654 – Tab Complete -
- MC-68745 –
/resourcepacks/folder is not automatically created when initially starting the game.
- MC-68891 – Mobs think daylight sensor is a full block, causing them to jump while trying to get off it.
- MC-69266 – Snow layer placing behavior buggy and inconsistent.
- MC-69323 – Certain commands do not allow tab completing coordinate arguments.
- MC-69823 –
/debughelp text wrong.
- MC-69983 – Multiplayer settings named wrongly.
- MC-69984 – The "Defaults" popup on the customized world generation options screen doesn't disable hovering over stuff behind it.
- MC-69989 – Debug worlds generate one column twice.
- MC-70054 – Rabbits don't follow players holding golden carrots or dandelions.
- MC-70111 – When a thrown ender pearl is in the air, it disappears after relogging.
- MC-70305 – "Sprint" is in the wrong category in Controls screen.
- MC-70308 – Bottom outline is missing in the Controls screen buttons.
- MC-70338 – Hopper:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space - creating debug image whilst stitching textures.
- MC-70359 – Block breaking remains when eating/blocking with a sword.
- MC-70431 – Minecraft 1.8 skin bug! (The layer in the right arm, does not show completely in first person).
- MC-70472 – Crash when trying to connect to a server with more than 73 characters address.
- MC-70565 – when opening a chest in modded servers Minecraft crashes continuously.
- MC-70675 – End credits make no mention of Ryan Holtz (TheMogMiner) or Michael Stoyke (Searge).
- MC-71436 – Screen goes black when "highlighting" players in Spectator mode.
- MC-71777 –
/achievement taketaking too many achievements.
- MC-71973 – Tab list headers and footers stay even when rejoining a different server.
- MC-71981 – Uploading a hardcore world to Realms retains auto-ban.
- MC-72166 – Banners disappear at some angles.
- MC-72524 – Can't place buttons on top of redstone blocks.
- MC-72583 –
doTileDropsaffects item frames.
- MC-72688 –
/execute Detectgives false positive when in different dimension.
- MC-72806 – When using
/stopserver executes the shutdown sequence twice (and hangs if players are online).
- MC-72868 – Mobs glitch through the ground under certain conditions.
- MC-72869 – The 'Defaults' button on the Customized world screen does not disable itself after use.
- MC-72871 – Resizing the game makes buttons on "Defaults" popup on Customized world GUI disappear.
- MC-73098 – Zombie pigman displays unusual behavior.
- MC-74843 – Ender Dragon ignores
- From the 1.7.2 development versions
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44474 – Smooth teleportation while falling glitches player back up.
- MC-46455 – If you switch gamemode while inside a block or mob, you glitch inside it.
- MC-46670 – Withers trapped in a barrier box attacks barriers, killing it.
- MC-46809 –
/sayNot showing villager entity data if '
- MC-47987 – Entering a mobs view in spectator mode does not change if world is changed.
- MC-48220 – Constantly re-destroying a block with a command block eventually leads to server freezing.
- MC-48633 – Operation, test and enable doesn't show up as options when typing
- MC-50695 –
FallingSandbecomes invisible when player rides anything.
- MC-51515 – SpreadPlayers Entity
- MC-53046 – Odd LAN behavior and crash.
- MC-53558 – World Generator Crash when creating a custom new world (Different than others).
- MC-53983 – Loading World on New World or loading screen disappears if the window size is changed.
- MC-54575 – Part of stair becomes invisible when placing a block near it.
- MC-54626 – Chicken jockey falls into solid block when chicken dies.
- MC-54929 – Fast creeper bug (aka Creeper Zurg Rush).
- MC-55767 – Unable to hide wither skull names..
- MC-56798 – Replacing water does not stop its flow.
- MC-57266 – While using fast graphics, tree leaves render as fancy in the distance.
- MC-58132 – Spectator mode layer glitch.
- MC-58908 –
- MC-61610 – Bedrock at Y0 has wood log in it at x0 y0 z0.
- MC-61828 – Guardian doesn't attack players.
- MC-61844 – Creepers target iron golems, causing terrain damage without interaction of a player.
- MC-62103 – Bug with regeneration effect.
- MC-64353 – Leaving an area then coming back create ghost chests.
- MC-64515 – Inconsistency in piston timing.
- MC-64598 – Creative search tab text becomes offset.
- MC-64727 – Breaking Door corruption/crash.
- MC-65276 – Bow when held is upside down.
- MC-68880 – Rabbit falls through snow layers and suffocates.
- MC-69489 – Cannot summon enderpearl.
- MC-69562 – Cannot play LAN whilst offline.
- MC-69862 – Cannot open chest/Furnace/ with item in hand.
- From the 1.8.1 development versions
- MC-74231 – Flower pot's
Blockdatawon't visually update.
- From the current version, hotfixed
- MC-75346 – http://skins.minecraft.net/MinecraftSkins redirects to cape when no skin exists.
- MC-76755 – Crash somewhere in realm settings.