Java Edition 1.8-pre1
(Redirected from 1.8-pre1)
August 22, 2014
- New alternative default skin: Alex.
- The Alex skin features what appears to be a human with long ginger hair, a green top, brown pants, and black boots as well as 3-pixel wide arms.
- All accounts will be assigned the Steve or Alex skin based on its random user ID.
- There will be a choice to select 4 or 3-pixel arms on minecraft.net/profile in the future.
- However, there is a bug in the pre-release which sometimes displays the wrong model.
- Added "Any computer is a laptop if you're brave enough!"
- Texture changed (it no longer has blood).
- 21 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-5312 – Thorns not working against some monsters.
- MC-5313 – Durability on shears does not go down when used on wool blocks.
- MC-5477 – Fireworks and given dye beyond id 15.
- MC-5610 – Redstone dust on tall grass (placement bug).
- MC-5860 – Endermen can place cacti in illegal places.
- MC-6179 – Chickens don't save their egg lay timer.
- MC-48340 – Lava pools change leaves.
- MC-68341 – Cinematic camera keeps momentum.
- MC-68524 – Java not properly capitalized in splash "Now java 6!"
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-55549 – Snow (cover) makes mobs jump but do not move.
- MC-56771 – Baby zombie pigmen don't forgive, while adults do.
- MC-58120 – "
DoMobSpawning" is causing reduced tick speed, causing general tick lag.
- MC-60428 – Yellow/gold rabbits don't spawn naturally.
- MC-61676 – Tab list expands too far and is unreadable.
- MC-63381 – Constant crash - Locked out of world.
- MC-63388 – Player heads do not render in inventory or when equipped.
- MC-63896 – High CPU load on superflat.
- MC-63973 – Multiplayer: giving yourself a player-skull crashes the game.
- MC-65237 – When invisible, endermen can see you when you stare at them.
- MC-68140 – Opening a command block doesn't pause the game.
- MC-68350 – Dispenser TNT summon position offset.
- 1.8-pre1 was previously removed from the launcher for some time, but was added back in September 2018.