Java Edition 1.5.1
Pre-release: March 19, 2013
1.5.1 was a minor update to Minecraft (Java Edition) released on March 21, 2013, which mainly fixed issues with low frame rates on certain devices. As the protocol is the same as 1.5, players on 1.5.1 can connect to servers that are running 1.5. While it was not the last update to 1.5, it was the last one before the snapshots of 1.6.1 started.
A pre-release for 1.5.1 was released on March 19, 2013, known as just "1.5.1" in-game.
- Now take empty buckets out of furnace fuel slots
- Can now be combined to raise their enchantment level or combine multiple enchantments on a single book
- When combining two enchantments for a higher level variation, the player requires two of the same level enchanted book
- They are still subject to the normal enchantment level limits.
- FPS increase, bringing levels back to what they were in 1.4
- Improvements and changes
- 20 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.5
- MC-250 – Ender dragon can still grief stuff like cobblestone and chests even if the gamerule mobGriefing is set on false.
- MC-1879 – Massive ping issues since 1.3.2.[note 1]
- MC-2739 – Trapdoors and pressure plates (and maybe more) cause lighting problems.[note 1]
- MC-4577 – Unable to combine enchanted books for a higher level enchant.
- MC-6705 – If you use an external editing tool (MCEdit) to give an enchanted book with multiple enchantments, and you try to combine it with an item, it will only enchant it with the first enchantment on the list.
- From 1.5
- MC-6391 – Fire on hopper not visible
- MC-7174 – OSX: Crash on startup (OpenGL "Function is not supported").[note 1]
- MC-7191 – Hopper beneath furnace doesn't remove empty buckets.[note 1]
- MC-8193 – Hopper does not try to place items from other slots if unable from first.
- MC-8824 – FPS drop due to smooth lighting.[note 1]
- MC-8943 – Fire does not show on 8 layered snow and hopper
- MC-11047 – After changing texture packs thrown ender pearls and splash potions become other items.[note 1]
- MC-11089 – Long scoreboard objective titles can be offset screen
- MC-11109 – Breaking a container with Items that is connected via a solid block with a comparator does not update the comparator
- MC-11217 – Falling block entities start visually falling from 1 block higher than they were placed
- MC-11236 – Paintings popping out / cannot place new ones
- MC-11654 – Texts flow out of the frame.[note 1]
- MC-11839 – Invalid potion effects crash the game.[note 1]
- MC-11894 – Crash with invalid wool values.[note 1]
- MC-12254 – Dispenser/Right click incorrectly puts on armor.[note 1]
The 1.5.1 pre-release was reuploaded on March 20, 2013, to fix a null pointer crash. This reupload then proceeded to be the true release of 1.5.1.
- This fix occurred between the last snapshot for 1.5.1, 13w12~, and the full release of 1.5.1.