This is a list of 1.4.4 development versions.
1.4.4-pre is the second pre-release for 1.4.4, to which it is completely identical.
- Give specific enchantments to players and entities.
- Baby mobs
- Baby mobs are spawnable by right-clicking a mob with a corresponding mob egg.
- Will now die on land after a few seconds
- When in creative, flying through cobwebs does not slow the player down
- Walking through them in creative mode, however, will.
22 bugs fixed
- Fixed the tab key not working on macs.
- Fixed chicken head movement being inverted.
- Fixed chests appearing opened when they are closed.
- Fixed the "seed" command not working in the Minecraft server command line.
- Fixed flying squids.
- Fixed the internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 249.
- Fixed killing animals with fire aspect on the first hit not cooking the drops.
- Fixed the torch texture.
- Fixed torches getting instantly moved to the adjacent wall upon placement.
- Fixed the water current being too strong to swim up.
- Fixed the ender chest not having the right hitbox.
- Fixed a falling into the void bug.
- Fixed a crash when placing a minecart on powered rail.
- Fixed loading a world that has been moved or deleted causing a crash.
- Fixed players jump over cobblestone walls.
- Fixed squid not suffocating on land.
- Fixed the nether brick fence texture.
- Fixed a crash with rendering item entities.
- Fixed running on leaves producing gray particles.
- Fixed fences not being rendered correctly from underneath.
- Fixed item frames disappearing without drop when a block is placed in their position.
- Fixed disappearing mobs and items after dying.
1.4.3-pre is the first pre-release for 1.4.4.
- The disc "11" is now dropped by creepers in the same way as the other discs.
- Enchanted book exploit fixed.
- Slimes have correct collision box.
From released versions before 1.4.4
- – Enchanted items show its background on the beacon-block.
- – Emerald ore can be broken with a minimum iron pickaxe, but the block emerald can be broken with all the pickaxes.
- – Minecart sound doesn't stop.
- – Skeletons holding swords will shoot arrows.
- – Arrows do not stick (and stay) in mobs.
- – Item drops drop into transparent blocks and cannot be picked back up.
- – Anvil block collision box appears "sunken".
- – Getting door drop in creative.
- – Falling out of the world while chunks are loading.
- – Some of the regular sounds are now server-sided.
- – Placing 2 wooden slabs will play the sounds from 12w38a.
- – Pink dye on sheep appears white on top.
/tpon a player in a different world will teleport to needed coordinates, but not change the world.
- – Fence Gate Texture flips inside out.
- – Mobs in minecarts can vanish when minecarts are broken.
- – Calculate name plate length based on username stripped of color codes.
- – Silmes are invincible.
- – Duplication of Dragon Eggs, sand and gravel.
- – Mobs are immediately transferred back to the overworld upon spawning in the Nether.
- – Broken or missing animations with potion of invisibility.
- – Anvil rendering error in item frames.
- – Score doesn't work anymore.
- – When a block is placed next to an end portal block with an Eye of Ender in it, the block is see-through.
- – Item frames in multiplayer don't store item NBT data.
- – Graphical glitch with cactus in a flower pot near a wall.
- – Odd chance where you take fall damage when sprinting off 2 or 1 blocks.
- – Breaking effects sometimes duplicate sounds & effects.
- – Music discs reverting to original name after being played, even if they've been renamed by the anvil.
- – Dying dogs collar doesn't use your dye.
- – Signs missing text.
- – Tree leaves break half slabs.
- – Multiple consecutive newlines in books do not create a space between lines in editor.
- – Wither de-spawns in Peaceful and shouldn't.
- – Death from a 2-4 block drop while changing gamemodes.
- – Dragon egg particles are missing.
- – Potatoes and carrots uproot themselves.
- – Map item placed in item frame experiences Z-fighting.
- – Teleporting a player triggers a pressure plate sometimes.
- – Minecart flickers when looking backwards.
- – Falling anvils do not maintain orientation while falling.
- – Breaking a block touching an open trapdoor closes it.
- – Vines, fern, grass and lilypad appear gray when held in F5 mode.
- – Teleport through walls glitch.
- – Different stacking slab sound.
- – Skeletons shoot arrows faster than humanly possible.
- – Text misplaced in demo mode window and 4:3 screen.
- – "Your game mode has been changed" shows in log when it hasn't.
- – Dropped items stop minecarts on their track.
- – If the player puts an anvil (or a few other items) into a display case and turn it upside down, the orange from the case will start to overlay the item in the case.
- – Chest hitbox is wrong.
- – Dropped items with NBT tags do not stack.
- – Open doors and levers don't work together.
- – The sound for cows are cut off early instead of playing all the way through.
- – Squids spawning rates are everywhere.
- – Structures generating in wrong biomes.
- – Particles don't show correctly when sprinting on blocks with different variations like wool, wood and biome colored grass.
- – Ladders breaking glitching out.
- – Mobs try to jump nether brick fence.
- – Buggy fall damage in 1-deep water.
- – Flaming arrows won't trigger TNT when shot from above.
- – When the player have detailed item descriptions on, renamed item's name is not in italic.
- – Zombies can pick up items while dying.
- – Items at the top-left corner of a container cannot be duplicated with the pick block key.
- – TNT sometimes makes item drops when it is ignited by the explosion of another TNT.
- – Invisibility potions not completed in correct time displayed.
- – More ender egg render problems.
- – Creating a world with seed and map world "QUATREPOINTDEUX" fails.
- – Death by bat.
- – Server Crash when client logs in with invalid difficulty.
- – Item frames do not show directly after entering the game.
- – Snow Golems won't die.
- – The "where are we now" disc is unavailable.
- – Bat noises are painful and cause headaches.
- – When riding a minecart, fall damage lags.
- – Custom spawners with no delay variance crash the game.
- – Potion of Weakness removes ability to destroy paintings and item frames.
- – Missing pitch rotations in OpenAL implementation.
- – Lightning strikes can create client side fires (ghost fires).
- – Minecraft crashes in creative inventory.
- – Nether portals create a huge lag, especially when several entities have to be teleported.
- – Ender pearls (and other throwable objects) loose their link to the thrower when reloaded.
- – When the player jumps on wheat crops, usually the farmland becomes dirt, then seeds and wheat are dropped; however, if the player jumps on potato and carrot crops, farmland become dirt, but crops stay there.
SkullOwnerlost when breaking a player skull block.
- – Beacon particles show if below beacon.
- – Escape key doesn't take you back to main menu from Multiplayer screen.
- – Wither breaks End Portals.
- – When breaking an item frame that contains an item frame, only 1 item frame drops.
- – Named maps lose their title after copying.
- – By placing a bed at the same time as throwing it away makes it a half bed.
- – Getting bed drop in creative.
- – Cobblestone wall has fence-collisions.
- – Death caused by lag spikes on minecart over a lava field.
- – Adventure mode graphical issue breaking blocks.
- – Placing trapdoors on half-slabs.
- – Block textures held by players (third-person view) are mirrored.
- – Flying through cobwebs in creative affects the player and shouldn't.
- – Shift (crouch) will not stop you from falling off of an anvil.
- – Falling sand appears on fire when falling into lava.
- – Fire doesn't show if the player shoots a mob in a minecart.
- – Spinning while placing a bed creates a triangular bed.
- – Can't destroy glass in Adventure Mode.
- – Minecraft crashes if connection is lost when editing signs.