Java Edition 1.4.2-pre
October 24, 2012
1.4.2-pre is the third pre-release for 1.4.2. It was released a day prior to the official 1.4.2 release. It is identical in every way to the official 1.4.2 release, including the version number.
This version is unavailable from the launcher.
- Fixed a severe memory leak in the server.
- Corrected rendering of fences and cobblestone walls.
- The player can no longer attempt to connect to an outdated server (only when the version is shown).
From the previous development version
- – Cracked effect sometimes remains when a zombie is interrupted while attempting to break down a door.
- – Fireballs float in mid-air.
- – Entities such as villagers and cows fall through blocks and suffocate.
setWalkSpeedis ignored by the client.
- – Stairs can glitch in weird places.