From Minecraft Wiki
March 22, 2012
|Other editions of 1.2.4|
1.2.4 added new wood planks and sandstone blocks. It also improved chat editing.
- Wood planks
- Now have the color of the type of wood used in crafting
- Comes in all 4 types:
- Oak wood planks
- Birch wood planks
- Spruce wood planks
- Jungle wood planks
- New sandstone block
- Uses unused sandstone texture; however the texture is changed
- Same name as the normal sandstone
- Slightly removed saturation out of every color
- When in standing position, cats will now purposely go and sit on nearby chests, active furnaces, and beds
- This prevents players from using them
- Baby pigs can no longer be ridden
- Despite that, players are still able to place a saddle on them
- Added chat history and much better chat editing
- Links are now clickable in chat
- When clicked, a warning screen appears that asks players if they want to continue
- Players can copy and paste links in chat
- Mouse wheel can be used to scroll up/down for history
- PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN keys can also be used
- Up/down keys for recently sent messages
- If you start typing a player's name, and press Tab ↹, it'll automatically type the rest of the username for you.
- Copy & paste in chat
- Similarly how §k in chat displays random characters, §l, §m, §n and §o creates bold, striked, underlined and italic text respectively, whilst §r resets any set states
- These cannot be typed using vanilla clients
- Pressing / acts as a command key: it opens the chat with a “/” in place
- Pressing ← or → will move the insertion point (text pointer) in the respective direction, allowing you to edit text instead of using ← Backspace to go back
- Out of Memory Screen
- Added “Back” and “Quit” buttons
- F3 debug screen
- Added a “minimal” debug menu
- The same as the regular F3 menu, except without the graph/profiler
- Accessible by ⇧ Shift+F3
- Re-added armor outlines in the armor slots in the inventory
25 bugs fixed
- Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier.
- Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% CPU.
- Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height.
- Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in multiplayer.
- Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn.
- Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer.
- Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items.
- Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server.
- Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login in multiplayer.
- Fixed duplication exploit with paintings.
- Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items.
- Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen.
- Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens.
- Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones).
- Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space.
- Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug.
- Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons).
- Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive.
- Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on.
- “save-all” (server command) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”.
- Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them.
- Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown in multiplayer.
- Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession.
- Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift.
- Glass blocks can be picked up using Silk Touch enchanted tools again.