1.14, the first release of Village and Pillage, is an upcoming major update to the Java Edition with the possible release date at the beginning of 2019. It will focus mainly on villages, adding a new subset of villagers known as pillagers and redesigning village architecture to match the biome it is located in. This update will also introduce many new stairs, slabs and walls, and update the taiga biome.
- Generate in bamboo forests in jungles.
- Can be climbed quickly.
- The player can build a pillar of scaffolding by just pressing use on the top face of a scaffolding block.
- The whole structure breaks when the bottom block is broken.
- The bottom and sides have no collision detection.
- Stronger than bows, but slower to reload.
- Will be able to be enchanted with new enchantments:
- Fires three arrows at once in different directions.
- Fast Reload
- Increases the reload speed.
- Projectiles pierce through enemies.
- Can shoot firework rockets holding the crossbow in one hand and the fireworks in the other.
- Can be crafted.
- A food item.
- Found on berry bushes.
- Pillager beasts
- Berry bushes
- Bamboo forests
- A rewrite of the game's rendering engine.
- Cats and ocelots
- Cats and ocelots are being split into two separate mobs.
These features were mentioned during the development of 1.14 or during MINECON Earth 2018, but have not been confirmed to be added in this update.
- Brown mooshrooms
- 4 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-1578 – Cannot move backwards in Books/Signs while writing / Cannot copy anything from the book.
- MC-4686 – Client movement when teleported.
- MC-88097 – Snow blocks receive (useless) random updates and can get destroyed when there is a light glitch.
- MC-124395 – Beacon block entity contains code for custom names, despite not storing it to NBT and the beacon GUI not having one.
MINECON Earth 2018
The new cat skins.
New villager types.
New jungle biome villager types.
New taiga biome villager types.
A possible shepherd's house in a desert village.
- “Aaand done! 40 new blocks in total, made up of 14 new slabs, 14 new stairs and 12 new walls. :)” – @Dinnerbone, October 10, 2018
- “We've gone through all the blocks in the game and after adding the slabs/etc we want, there's probably going to be about 40 new blocks. Stone stairs is one of them!” – @Dinnerbone, October 6, 2018
- “There will be the polished ones as well... and more!” – @_LadyAgnes, October 8, 2018
- “Vines, that does the trick. :D” – @rockenroll4life, October 12, 2018
- “Ok, here is one more picture! Just too many lovely cats to not post another one! Make sure to send a hug to @Dinnerbone as well!” – @_ladyagnes
- “Done! And we do plan to add some more walls as well :)” – @_ladyagnes, October 9, 2018
- “So many lovely cats! Purrr! @Dinnerbone added this one today, isn't it pretty?!” – @_ladyagnes, October 10, 2018
- “Along with this, we have decided some internal rules on what blocks should have stairs, slabs, walls and fences in the future. We're thinking that wooden blocks have fences, stone blocks have walls. Unfortunately, we already have contradictions - nether brick fences 🤔” – @Dinnerbone, October 10, 2018
- “You know, your last name...it's awfully close to something...I can't quite put my finger on what, though...” – @cojomax99, October 12, 2018
- "Programmers: Play With Minecraft's Inner Workings!" – Minecraft.net, October 6, 2018