This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here; if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
1.13.1 is an upcoming minor update with no set release date.
The Texture Update is an upcoming major update that will change most of the textures in the game, except for a few iconic textures like the creeper. The update currently has no planned released date. After release, the old textures will be available as a separate download. The new current new textures beta pack can be downloaded through this link.
1.15 is an upcoming major update that is planned to be released at an undetermined time after 1.14. The details of this update have not yet been revealed.
1.16 is another upcoming major update that will be released sometime after 1.15. Again, the details have not yet been revealed.
The 4K Update is an upcoming aesthetical update for Bedrock Edition with no set release date. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
The update is delayed and will not be coming out anytime soon due to some internal issues.
|“||Minecraft developer here. The Graphics Team is still hard at work on this (it ended up being a ton more work than initially anticipated). The graphics part of our engine was quite honestly simply not built for this, and when we tried to put all the new features in piece by piece things went bad. Performance, even on the Xbox One X, was between bad and inconsistent during all the internal play sessions we had.
It will come, but we don't have a date yet. The gameplay team has been hard at work on the Update Aquatic, while the rest of the Engine team has been working on the Switch release alongside fixing performance issues on Xbox One. Those fixes are much closer than Super Duper :)
|— Tamer Jeison|
The Texture Update is an upcoming major update that will change most of the textures in the game, except for a few iconic textures like the creeper. The update currently has no planned released date. After release, the old textures will be available as a separate download.
PlayStation 4 Edition, PlayStation 3 Edition, Xbox 360 Edition, PS Vita Edition, and Wii U Edition will all receive the Update Aquatic. It will arrive a little while after the initial launch of the Update Aquatic. With the exception of PlayStation 4 Edition, this will mark the last major update for the game. This is due to the total players of the older generation of consoles now making up less than 5% of the active players.
The Update Aquatic will not be coming to the older editions for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Players of the old Xbox One and Nintendo Switch Edition can get the Bedrock Edition for free. It won't be released until all parts of the update is released on the Bedrock Edition.
- “WHAT IS JAPPA DOING TO MY MINECRAFT? Changing the textures! Except for a few, like the Creeper. Across all versions? YEP, both on Java and Bedrock. You cannot escape my sweet, sweet textures. When? Soon! In the Beta Resource Pack, where all my beloved pixels live.” – @JasperBoerstra, November 10, 2017
- "Try the new Minecraft Java Textures" – Minecraft.net, 14 December 2017
- “I can't tell you the theme but unrelated to that it'll have lots and lots of new slabs/stairs/etc. We don't have nearly enough.” – @Dinnerbone, April 17, 2018
- “The combat system overhaul will not be part of Minecraft 1.14. Mojang wants to take time and really get a lot of feedback.” – @docm77, May 31, 2018
- “One thing is 100%. 1.7 combat is gone, will stay gone. Let it go. Overhaul doesn't mean bring back the old stuff.” – @docm77, June 1, 2018
- “Bon on a pas pu filmer ce matin mais je ferai un debrief sur la conf qu’on a eu avec les mec de mojang. En gros ils ont déjà une roadmap pour 1.14, 1.15 et 1.16 avec une maj focus sur des mécaniques du jeu (mais pas redstone) et une sur le pvp” – @aypierremc, May 30, 2018
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
- "Update Aquatic Coming to Legacy Console Editions" – Minecraft.net
- “Work on Update Aquatic for Console Editions is progressing, but it won't be released until after all parts of the update have been released on the Bedrock version.
We don't have a date for when that will be, but we will let you know when it goes in to test.” – @4JStudios, June 22, 2018
- “Nothing to sea here ;) ” – @4JStudios, May 3, 2018
- “There is a Minecraft Console Editions update coming tomorrow, but it's not Update Aquatic yet.
We still have work to do on Update Aquatic for Console Editions, including some Save Transfer work on the Bedrock side, so it's going to be quite a while yet. Please be patient!” – @4JStudios, July 30, 2018
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|