September 18, 2017
1.12.2 is an update for Minecraft: Java Edition released on September 18, 2017. It is not compatible with 1.12 and 1.12.1 servers. This was the first version of the Java game originally called just Minecraft to display the new official title, Minecraft: Java Edition.
- In-game menu screen
- New game logo with Minecraft: Java Edition. The Java Edition subtitle is a separate texture.
Video made by slicedlime:
- 12 issues fixed
- From released versions before Pocket Edition 1.1.1
- MC-15152 – Standing in a nether portal and opening a chest will render the chest open until another chest is opened
- MC-79154 – Hoppers occasionally duplicate items (within chunks)
- MC-86850 – Ender Pearling through a nether portal in the over-world tp's you to the portals nether coordinates but in the overworld
- MC-91803 – Cave / ambiance music can play far away from the player and is not audible
- MC-104259 – Player / mob stuck on farmland while it changes to dirt
- MC-118382 – Parrots do not respawn
- MC-118976 – Landing on farmland gets you stuck in flight mode
- MC-120444 – Almost any entity inside farmland gets teleported when it turns into dirt
- MC-120593 – Items stay in crafting grid when entering nether portal
- MC-120611 – Player stuck in grass path when it changes to dirt
- From the current version, hotfixed
- MC-121292 – Error:
Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.main.Main
- Private issues
- MC-120567 – Private security issue
- On April 1, 2018, all textures in 1.12.2 were temporarily replaced – they were changed to look more crispy, NES-like textures, falsely told to be the new textures previously announced (as a joke for April Fools).