Join us on Discord!
- 1 Beta 1.9 Prerelease
- 2 Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2
- 3 Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3
- 4 Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4
- 5 Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5
- 6 Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6
- 7 RC1
- 8 RC2
- 9 References
This is a list of 1.0.0 development versions.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease
Beta 1.9 Prerelease is the first of six pre-releases for 1.0.0.
Unofficially named the "Lost Update", beta 1.9 never came. Instead, Mojang opted to delay the release of this update until MineCon 2011 and release it under the name "Minecraft 1.0.0". This decision was made after a few development versions tagged as Beta 1.9 were already sent out, so the name Beta 1.9 was kept for all of the development versions in the gap between Beta 1.8.1 and Minecraft 1.0.0, other than the Release Candidates.
- Added the mushroom island biome
- Added nether fortresses
- Debug Feature
- Jumping increases your experience.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2 is the second pre-release for 1.0.0.
- First iteration of potions, not yet properly obtainable
- Potion ingredients:
- Coding for cauldron is present, but not yet assigned to block ID
- Incomplete Breeding
- 9 new music discs
- Hardcore mode
- Locks the difficulty to Hard and forces users to delete the world's save data upon death
- The health bar changes appearance to indicate the game is in Hardcore mode
- Item tooltips now have a pink border.
- Milk is now drinkable, resetting all potion effects currently afflicted upon the player.
- Villager mob no longer have 'TESTIFICATE' name on their head.
2 bugs fixed
- Removed debug code causing jumping to increase experience.
- Client-side double Mooshroom bug in multiplayer fixed.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3 is the third pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Completely redone potion system
- Placeholder enchanting system
- Enchantment Table
- Enchanted items appear to glimmer, have blue tooltips and have "Enchanted!!" written below tooltip.
- Eye of Ender
- Unfinished End Portal in strongholds. Broken End portal frame blocks can be repaired with Eyes of Ender, though nothing further occurs.
- End Portal Frame
- Currently useless End portal block
- Baby animals:
- Baby chicken
- Baby cow
- Baby Mooshroom
- Baby pig
- Baby sheep
- Item repair
- Added Pie chart detailing CPU usage to debug screen.
- Access to Skylands due to bug in terrain generation
- A white cobblestone texture was added to the terrain.png in the spot where end stone would be found in the next pre-release; however it wasn't used by any block yet.
- More randomly placed chests in strongholds
- Exp level shown above Exp bar
- Destroyed bookshelves drop 3 books.
- Debug features:
- 1x1 glass pillars protruding from ground to sky limit at location of strongholds.
- The tooltips for rare items (Golden Apples, Music Discs) are now pink.
1 bug fixed
- Fixed Snow Golems being able to enter love mode.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4 is the fourth pre-release for 1.0.0.
- New Dimension: the End
- New settings in Server.properties:
- Glistering Melon, used to brew Potions of Healing instead of Ghast Tears
- Ghast Tear now used for Potions of Regeneration.
- Enchanting fully implemented
- Throwable splash potions with Area of Effect when thrown, created by brewing an existing potion with gunpowder.
- The white cobblestone texture introduced in the previous pre-release was changed and end stone was added as a block with the overhauled texture.
- Status effects
- Added a swirl effect while under the effect of a status effect.
- Placing fluids (water or lava) with a bucket treats other fluid source blocks like solid blocks, allowing you to place them on top of each other without an adjacent wall.
- Texture Packs
- You can reload the texture pack by pressing F3+T
- Sun and Moon
- The Sun and Moon now rise in the east and set in the west, based on the top of maps being North, and are round.
- The Moon now has multiple phases, somewhat akin to the real Moon.
5 bugs fixed
- Enchanting is now server-side instead of being only a client-side change.
- Fixed ⇧ Shift + Click crash bug with enchanting tables and brewing stands.
- Critical hits now appear in multiplayer.
- Glass towers stretching to the top of the map no longer appear over strongholds.
- Fixed all Minecart with Furnace bugs, except the lighting bug.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5 is the fifth pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Added several achievements
- Debug controls (from the pre-re-uploaded version of Beta 1.8 Pre-release):
- F9 freezes the camera in its current position.
- F6, while also turning back time, enables a strange "bouncy" movement. It locks the player's y coordinate (meaning they cannot jump or fall). It makes the player accelerate relatively slowly when moving. Additionally, the player can also clip into blocks slightly - at a high enough speed, the player can push all the way through a block. Transparent blocks have no clipping whatsoever.
- N and M change the view's rotation clockwise and anti-clockwise, respectively. Hold both keys simultaneously resets the rotation.
- Y and H decrease and increase the field of view, respectively. These keys seem to affect the field of view differently to how the FOV option does - the player's hand (or anything the player is holding) will also become stretched as the field of view increases or decreases, which does not happen if the player changes the FOV option in the menu. Holding both keys simultaneously resets the field of view.
- I makes the player look up, J looks left, K looks down, and L looks right. These movements are normally done by moving the mouse. This setting cannot be reset by holding any keys simultaneously.
- U and O moves the third-person camera forwards and backwards, respectively. This setting cannot be reset by holding both keys simultaneously.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel (which also scrolls the selected slot in the hotbar) rotates the forward, left, right, and back directions.
- Video settings
- Added option to turn off clouds.
- In creative mode, using an empty bucket won't fill up if removing fluids with it.
- Hostile mobs act neutral in creative mode.
- Entity punch range in creative mode reduced, as a result.
- Slimes now spawn on levels 0-40 rather than 0-16, making them much more common.
- Ender dragons now have a new dying animation even though they still do not spawn, and their health has been changed to 1 () to test this.
- Fence post selection boxes now resemble their collision boxes.
- Water flowing downwards creates source blocks, instead of flowing water.
8 bugs fixed
- Monster spawners cannot be collected with a pickaxe enchanted with Silk Touch.
- Mycelium and end stone are now available in the creative inventory list.
- The step on stairs is properly lit.
- Lily pads now have the correct coloration in the inventory and have a name tag.
- End stone now has a name tag (previously "unnamed")
- Melons once again drop the correct number of slices.
- Data error when attempting to block with an enchanted sword fixed, blocking with enchanted sword now possible
- Baby animals now work in multiplayer.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6 is the sixth and final pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Added (currently useless) dragon egg.
- Added the following to /title/ in minecraft.jar:
- Added "Particles" setting in Video Settings
- Has three possible states:
- "All", rendering all particle effects
- "Decreased", rendering half of all particle effects
- "Minimal", rendering no particle effects (except for those created when breaking blocks).
- Has three possible states:
- Added ending titles and credits.
- End crystal added
- Is an entity which sits atop of a block of bedrock.
- It is diamond shaped, with 2 cubes spinning on their axis with a point at the center that fires a healing beam at the ender dragon when within range, and can be destroyed with a melee or hit with an arrow, causing an explosion.
- They appear on all obsidian spikes in the End.
- Revised beds
- Attempting to sleep in a bed while hostile mobs are nearby will display "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby".
- Several block's tool weaknesses have been fixed, such as crafting tables now mining faster with an axe and rails now mining faster with a pickaxe.
- Mined stairs of any materials will drop a stair block now instead of a block form of its material.
- Changes to the mining time of many blocks, including redstone ore, stone brick, nether brick, iron bars, doors, monster spawners and obsidian, making their mining times much faster.
- 'Efficiency' enchantment now affects all blocks for any item enchanted with it.
- Tools not suited to digging a certain block can be faster than digging by hand, e.g. a pickaxe can dig dirt faster than by hand, but not faster than by shovel.
- More minor changes to textures, this time to:
- Sun and moon are square again.
- Downward flowing water now creates flowing water once more.
- More finished ender dragon boss fight.
- "Boss Health" meter appears on the middle top part of the screen in the same purple hue as the ender dragon.
- Leaves behind a fountain like bedrock structure with the dragon egg sitting on top, and has an exit portal to return to the players spawn point/bed.
12 bugs fixed
- Entity model errors fixed.
- Armor durability is much back to being larger, larger than it even was in Beta 1.8.
- Using items and hitting mobs no longer uses up items/durability in creative.
- Lily pads are now a block which can be stood on.
- Ferns, tall grass and lily pads are now available in the creative inventory.
- Unnecessary block versions of cake and sugar cane removed from creative inventory.
- Enchantment tables now take time to mine, instead of one punch.
- "Mods and Texture Packs" changed to "Texture Packs".
- Repeater clocks no longer get stuck when unloading the chunk.
- Placing fences under farmland doesn't stop it from turning back into dirt.
- A Minecart with Furnace is able to push empty minecart in any direction.
- Baby sheep from dyed parents are now born dyed instead of always being white.
RC1 is the first release candidate for 1.0.0.
- The Player:
- Damage to player sound was changed to a genderless bone-cracking sound.
- Eating and drinking now have sounds.
- Players and all mobs make the same bone-cracking sound when taking fall damage.
- Arrow landing was changed to a more twangy sound.
- Tools and armor now make a breaking sound, and have a breaking animation.
- Added "Quit Game" button to the main menu.
- Added 28 new splashes and changed 7 of them.
- Changed redstone wire placement on one block from a "+" to a "•" shape.
- Bows now have a durability bar, with 385 uses.
- Bows can be fired without having arrows in Creative mode.
- Thrown eggs now hatch baby chickens.
7 bugs fixed
- Error with the shadowing of the right side of blocks in the inventory is now fixed, being back to what it was in Beta 1.7.
- Fixed wooden door bug from Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6
- The "Particles" option no longer overlaps the warning when playing on far render distance with a 32-bit Java installation.
- Fixed the bug that caused the players EXP level to revert to 0 again after The End credits is finished from Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6
- The full names of Scaevolus and Hippoplatimus are now used in the ending credits.
- You can now chat while entering a portal in multiplayer.
- Obsidian's mining time was increased to 8 seconds from ~3 seconds in 1.9 Prerelease 6.
RC2 is the second release candidate for 1.0.0.
1 bug fixed
- Fixed a bug that caused all tools to break quickly after loading an old map in RC1.