From Minecraft Wiki
November 13, 2011
|Release candidate for|
1.0.0-RC1 is the first release candidate for 1.0.0, the first release candidate for Minecraft released under the modern naming conditions.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- The Player:
- Damage to player sound was changed to a genderless bone-cracking sound.
- Eating and drinking now have sounds.
- Players and all mobs make the same bone-cracking sound when taking fall damage.
- Arrow landing was changed to a more twangy sound.
- Tools and armor now make a breaking sound, and have a breaking animation.
- Added "Quit Game" button to the main menu.
- Added 28 new splashes and changed 7 of them.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Changed redstone wire placement on one block from a "+" to a "•" shape.
- Bows now have a durability bar, with 385 uses.
- Bows can be fired without having arrows in Creative mode.
- Thrown eggs now hatch baby chickens.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
7 bugs fixed
- Error with the shadowing of the right side of blocks in the inventory is now fixed, being back to what it was in Beta 1.7.
- Fixed wooden door bug from Beta 1.9pre6
- The "Particles" option no longer overlaps the warning when playing on far render distance with a 32-bit Java installation.
- Fixed the bug that caused the players EXP level to revert to 0 again after The End credits is finished from Beta 1.9Pre 6
- The full names of Scaevolus and Hippoplatimus are now used in the ending credits.
- You can now talk while entering a portal in SMP
- Obsidian's mining time was increased to 8 seconds from ~3 seconds in 1.9pre6.