Java Edition Classic 0.0.13a
Original: May 22, 2009
|The pre-reupload version of this version is currently missing.|
This version has been reuploaded at one point in time. While the reuploaded version has been archived, the pre-reupload has not, and as such is it currently lost. If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the.
A version called "0.0.13a" is available in the launcher. However, it has many differences from the version called 0.0.13a in 2009, which appeared to support regular terrain, whereas the launcher version strictly uses flat terrain. Additionally, many features from 0.0.12a are still present, such as using the "generating level" screen from that version instead of the one from 0.0.13a. This may mean that the version from the launcher is in fact an early testing version of 0.0.13a solely intended for testing level size, and the release of 0.0.13a remains lost.
- Added a thin black block selection outline
- "Huge" level size (512×64×512 worlds).
- Level saving for players with accounts
- Feature for registered and logged in players.
- 5 slots total
- Stored at the URL
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?name=<username>&id=<the slot saved in, starting from 0>
- Aspect ratio
- Game ratio is now 854×480, not 640×480.
- Holding jump no longer allows for autojumping
- The terrain is no longer always a full block above water.
- Lava on top of water will always produce stone
- The block being used is once again shown in the top right corner
- The world generating screen now shows darker dirt.
- Transparency issue with water.
- Water does not work outside the map.
- Level saving sometimes does not work.
- The reason is because Opera and older versions of Java did not support a workaround Notch made to allow connecting to a host from an applet in LWJGL.
Differences between the launcher version and the original
- The world is originally square and only becomes long when a new level is generated. The original has normal terrain.
- Despite the surface being flat, caves with lava lakes can still spawn underground.
- The Generating Level screen shows lighter dirt in the launcher version. This is left over from 0.0.12a_03.
- The launcher version has other features left over from 0.0.12a.[more information needed]
- "Minecraft: Huge level, teaser of 0.0.13a" – Nizzotch – via YouTube, from "Minecraft: Huge level, teaser of 0.0.13a" (archived) by Nizzotch. YouTube via the Wayback Machine.
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Markus Persson. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009. (UTC–8)
- "minecraft.net goes live, and you can save your levels now!" – The Word of Notch
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Markus Persson. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009. "That transparency thing looks like a bug!"
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Syrion. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009. "water just outside of the map doesn't actually "work". It doesn't fill up any pits next to it."
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Baltirow. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009. "The added saving feature doesn't seem to work in the last version (v0.013 something)."
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Markus Persson. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009.